Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > John Deere 1130 SE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Clay

John Deere 1130 SE
Original Message   Jan 7, 2009 1:07 pm
I did a search and found a few references to this machine but no answers.  Any one have one of these?  15.5 snow max engine, heated hand grips, 30" wide.  I can't find a listing for auger diameter or impeller diameter.  I called John Deere and the guy that was suppose to be the snow thrower expert didn't know either. 

What is the Easy Steer drive system?  The literature says: 

• Easy Steer® drive system giving continuous power to both wheels and auto speed adjustment
  • Is it similar to the Ariens auto differential? 

I've heard that the units are built by B&S which translates to Simplicity.  They do have cast iron gear cases like the Simplicity.  The chute control is different than the simplicity and so is the turning method so they are not exactly the same.  I'm trying to compare the Simplicity L1530E to the JD 1130SE.  Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

Replies: 264 - 273 of 333Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
    Clay

Re: John Deere 1130 SE
    Reply #264   Feb 11, 2010 9:49 am
    I started this thread on Jan 7th last year but haven't check in this whole season.  The reason why I haven't checked in is that the machine is running so well I haven't had any issues.  It is a true brute.  Some of you might not remember but I first bought a Craftsman unit, then an Ariens and finally ended up with the John Deere all within a few weeks.  The JD is a keeper.  It's been fun to read through the posts that I have missed and see the mods that have been done to the machines and how everyone is enjoying their machine.  If I had to do it all over again the JD would still be my machine of choice. 

Rick

Paul7

Reply #265   Feb 11, 2010 12:03 pm
    Clay wrote:
    I started this thread on Jan 7th last year but haven't check in this whole season.  The reason why I haven't checked in is that the machine is running so well I haven't had any issues.  It is a true brute.  Some of you might not remember but I first bought a Craftsman unit, then an Ariens and finally ended up with the John Deere all within a few weeks.  The JD is a keeper.  It's been fun to read through the posts that I have missed and see the mods that have been done to the machines and how everyone is enjoying their machine.  If I had to do it all over again the JD would still be my machine of choice. 

Rick

Glad to hear that your JD turned out to be a keeper.  The way you were going I figured that by now you traded it in on a Simplicity...and then a Honda or Toro...and then perhaps a Yamaha by now...LOL.   

Goodness help us if the Germans ever decide to engineer a snow thrower and make the selection process even harder.    Say, why doesn't Germany manufacture a snow thrower?
    Swoods

I love all power equipment from lawn mowers to snow blowers. My favorite pieces of equipment are 2 cycle Lawn Boys.

Reply #266   Feb 11, 2010 12:30 pm
    Here's your German Snowblower!  A Unimog :)

This message was modified Feb 11, 2010 by Swoods

Sean Woods
    Swoods

I love all power equipment from lawn mowers to snow blowers. My favorite pieces of equipment are 2 cycle Lawn Boys.

Reply #267   Feb 11, 2010 12:34 pm
    By the way, I have a tip that I would like to share about applying grease to tight places.  I bought the largest livestock syringe I could find and filled it full of grease.  I always add a drop of grease to bolts when I put something back together.  It keeps them "free" so they don't rust up and I can take it apart later on easily.  This makes it a lot easier.  It is also great for getting into tight places.....hinges, etc.  I ground down the tip so it isn't sharp anymore.

Sean Woods
    Clay

Reply #268   Feb 11, 2010 1:33 pm
    Paul7 wrote:
    Glad to hear that your JD turned out to be a keeper.  The way you were going I figured that by now you traded it in on a Simplicity...and then a Honda or Toro...and then perhaps a Yamaha by now...LOL.   

Goodness help us if the Germans ever decide to engineer a snow thrower and make the selection process even harder.    Say, why doesn't Germany manufacture a snow thrower?

I have another snow thrower that I did consider for a while.  This is my next unit.  Now just to find a place to park it???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exBrz5aQ9Hg

Paul7

Reply #269   Feb 11, 2010 2:10 pm
    Swoods wrote:
    Here's your German Snowblower!  A Unimog :)

See now that's what I'm talking about.  Dual chutes...wouldn't expect anything less from German engineering.
    Catt

Reply #270   Feb 13, 2010 6:17 pm
    Swoods,
    Today I tried putting a 2" diameter LED light mounted to the 1" tubing on the rear of my cab.  This would make it pretty easy to run the wiring inside the tubing.  I may still use the 24 LED on the upper portion of the cab in addition to these.  Let me know how you mount your light.

Here is one mounted on the cab.  I'll mount a second light on the other side.

Here are the parts I used to make the assembly.
    * 1 1/2" ABS end cap with drilled hole and machined for the light to fit inside.
    * 1/2" CPVC fitting machined to fit inside the 1" metal cab tubing.  Threads were also shortened.  Wires are routed through the CPVC fitting.
    *  Metal nut which is used for electrical fittings.
    *  2" diameter LED light from the automotive department at Mills Fleet Farm for $4.95.

This message was modified Feb 14, 2010 by Catt
    Swoods

Reply #271   Feb 17, 2010 3:38 pm
    That's a pretty slick installation of lights.  I'm still waiting for my light to come in.  I'll probably just bend a couple of brackets and paint them black and bolt it to the top frame of the cab.  My quick disconnect came in though. 

Sean Woods
    aa335

Reply #272   Feb 17, 2010 4:57 pm
    Wow, that snowblower is almost street legal, or DOT legal. 
    Swoods

Reply #273   Feb 17, 2010 8:37 pm
    HAHA.  You should rig up a turn signal switch.  Actually.....is there a switch for hazards?  That would be perfect for those small round lights. 

Sean Woods
    Replies: 264 - 273 of 333Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
    Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
    AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
    Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
    Site by Take 42