Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens Deluxe 27

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
sthomab

Ariens Deluxe 27
Original Message   Feb 10, 2010 1:35 pm
My husband has an Ariens Deluxe 27.  We are having a hard time figuring it out.  Are both wheels suppose to move automatically?  We can get the right wheel to move but no the left.  What are we doing wrong?  We are in Maryland getting slammed with our 2nd 20"+ snowstorm in 4 days.  Someone please help.

Thanks,
Suzie
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Snowmann

Re: Ariens Deluxe 27
Reply #1   Feb 10, 2010 5:22 pm
The trigger on the left handle should lock in and lock out the left wheel with each "click". If it doesn't do this, and you don't feel it "click", it requires some adjustment to the cable. What you need to do is loosen jamnuts where the trigger cable enters the frame and pull any loose slack out of the cable by pulling on the conduit lightly, then re-tighten the jam nuts into the new position. Make sure you don't pretension the cable (by pulling on the conduit too hard) or it will continue to have operational problems.
Steve_Cebu

Reply #2   Feb 10, 2010 6:30 pm
sthomab wrote:
My husband has an Ariens Deluxe 27.  We are having a hard time figuring it out.  Are both wheels suppose to move automatically?  We can get the right wheel to move but no the left.  What are we doing wrong?  We are in Maryland getting slammed with our 2nd 20"+ snowstorm in 4 days.  Someone please help.

Thanks,
Suzie

Hi Suzie, if you wanted a snowblower that turns in either Direction you needed to buy a Toro. The Ariens will only turn one way which is one of the reasons I didn't buy one.

Both wheels are supposed to move the unit forward until you pull up on the handle unless your model has a limited slip differential. If both wheels are not moving and just one wheel is then something is wrong but I am not sure what, but there are others in this group who will know much more than I do.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
bevans

tougher than the elements...everything in Wisconsin is

Reply #3   Feb 11, 2010 11:04 pm
Ariens does have a true differential.......go with the PRO series...

Every snowblower manufacturer has different levels...good....better ....best...

can't go wrong with the Orange Crush........ARIENS...you get what you pay for...

andrelaplume

Reply #4   Feb 12, 2010 4:08 pm
I assume the 'black' models at HD are the 'good'.  Are the HD orange models the 'better' ones?  Where do you get the 'bets' and what makes them so...
bus1662

Reply #5   Feb 12, 2010 4:48 pm
andrelaplume wrote:
I assume the 'black' models at HD are the 'good'.  Are the HD orange models the 'better' ones?  Where do you get the 'bets' and what makes them so...

The black ones are Sno-Tek, which is Arien's economy line. 

The orange Ariens branded machines come in three grades....consumer, prosumer, and professional.

OP: have you checked the pin-locks on the axle?

This message was modified Feb 12, 2010 by bus1662
bevans

tougher than the elements...everything in Wisconsin is

Reply #6   Feb 12, 2010 11:38 pm
andrelaplume wrote:
Get the professional series at your Ariens dealer.
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42