Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 70s & 80s Toro 5/24 & 7/24

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
durckelg

70s & 80s Toro 5/24 & 7/24
Original Message   Feb 10, 2010 10:12 am

Do any of you own a 70s or 80s Toro 5/24 or 7/24, if so what are your thoughts?  I currently have one of each, both with very few hours on them.  I purchased them for close to nothing.  I have always been happy with their performance, however I never realized how well they worked until I tried a friend's new Ariens Deluxe 7/24.  Even with the old block tires the Toros dig in plow through the snow, and clean much closer to the surface with their spring loaded scraper.  The scraper and skids were properly adjusted on the Ariens.  I am not knocking the Ariens, it still does a good job.  All three are very difficult bog down, though the 5/24s smaller engine is noticeable.

This message was modified Jan 24, 2011 by durckelg
This topic has no replies.
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42