Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro CCR 2000E Mikuni carb needle valve setting question.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
trouts2

Toro CCR 2000E Mikuni carb needle valve setting question.
Original Message   Mar 27, 2008 8:26 pm
    Picked up a CCR2000E non-starter pretty cheap today.  Took the carb off for a cleaning and got it starting and running well.  But I'm not sure about what the setting should be on carb. 

The main jet seems fixed but on top is probably a low speed adjust needle.  What is the initial setting for that?

The Toro parts breakdown does not list the carb number, the carb as an assembly, or the carb body other than "carb body" without a part number.  The engine is a 47pml-5 Suzuki.

ke

Replies: 9 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
clint

Re: Toro CCR 2000E Mikuni carb needle valve setting question.
Reply #9   Feb 9, 2010 6:32 pm
Macbass wrote:
I have the same carb on my snowblower. Worked great until today. Won't start. I gave it a quick cleaning, and still nothing. I am going to give it a much better cleaning tomorrow. My question is, to the left of the needle valve, in the picture is another screw. The needle valve has a spring on it, the one to the left does not. How tight should the one on the left be tightened?

In the picture above, the screw on the left is the pilot jet.
It is not an adjustment screw and it needs too be snug. It is soft brass and cant be reefed on too hard or it will distort.
It has a very small passage that runs from the tip where it connects with 2 larger passages on the sides.
That passage sometimes needs too be cleared with a very thin wire. When its plugged, surging is the main symptom.
This message was modified Feb 9, 2010 by clint
brandon08mitchel

Re: Toro CCR 2000E Mikuni carb needle valve setting question.
Reply #10   Sep 8, 2010 11:19 pm
I have a Mr Gasket carburetor needle valve and it's perfectly okay. Don't what settings you want but a pic would be a help.
This message was modified Sep 8, 2010 by brandon08mitchel
Replies: 9 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42