Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > John Deere JX75 lawn mower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
70chevelless

John Deere JX75 lawn mower
Original Message   Feb 7, 2010 1:26 pm
Good afternoon,

I have a 98 John Deere JX75 lawn mower that has been giving me trouble when I go to pull her back the rear wheels lock. I took the pinion gears off & there is a plastic shield behind the wheels one side was broken alowing grass & crud to get up in there. One side came out fine the other was rusted there is a shaft key operated buy a small spring that rides on ramps inside the pinion gear. So this one side the key was locked in the up position which meant I was locked in forward. So after getting her off & cleaning everything I'm ready to put her back together.

I did order a new plastic shield but do not trust these. So what I would like to do & need to ask if anyone thinks this would be a good idea is to put a little tranny fluid or power steering fluid inside the pinion gear so the shaft key will ride the ramps better?

I would just like to use some kind of light lubircant as when these shaft keys jam in the grove it is a bear to pull the lawn mower backward as it is locked in forward. Also if anyone can think of any other lubircant (light not thick) I can use please let me know or if u think this is not a good idea please let me know?

Thank you!

Will,

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42