Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Is this another problem!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
70chevelless

Is this another problem!
Original Message   Feb 2, 2010 6:47 pm
Good Evening,

First I want to thank everyone who has been helping me with my snow thrower & putting up with my long questions. Well this afternoon I got the snow thrower running had the belt cover off to see how the belts would do. They looked good so I put her in first with the auger off & she had good power just like before all this hapened

I went from 1st to reverse no problem & plenty of power then I put the auger on & it looked good I tried her in 1st auger on no problems to me for the short while I tried her it was back to the way it use to run.

So then I shut her off for a while went back out started her back up but did not have to prime her (this is important) I turned back on the auger to let it run a while as I was going to change the auger oil. I came in the house to order the shear pins about 15 min. latter went out shut her off & changed the auger oil . Tipping her forward to drain it about two drops then puting her on her handel bars to fill her with 3oz. of 90w oil.

After all this I was going to try her on the driveway but when I went to prime her the primer bulb had a hole in the center of it & it was flat!. Needless to say I used some nice words but figured it's my luck or fault. It's a Briggs & Stratton intek snow 7.5 hp model # 12D413 0019E1 that I bought new in 02-03 since I lost the owners manual.

So I took the primer bulb off It looks like there is a pin hole in the center almost like it was meant to blow if there is a problem!. I looked all over the internet for one nothing I even emailed B&S to see if I can get one in the meantime I put some super glue over the hole & the bulb came back up again on the kitchen table.

Here is my question first is these bulbs made with this built in feature so they blow a hole if there is a problem? & second could it be I put the belts on to tight & this is causing a problem?. I know when I release the auger she stops turning but I'm worried about the traction belt as I said I lost the manual so I have no specs. but I did not think tonight I would be dead in the water over a piece of rubber.

Anyway if anyone had this problem or can give me some answers cause I really don't know if it's just bad luck or if I did something to cause this?. I do know back in 07 I was having problems with the govener & she was racing after replacing both springs & setting her thanks to Briggs & Stratton as they sent me a repair manual for free it did not blow the bulb & she was really racing. The only thing that caught my eye today was it was loud but it was running in the garage was the oil tube was vibrating what looked like a lot but then again I never watched it before so I'm not sure if that always does that.

Thank you all again & any help really would be great!

Will,   

Replies: 2 - 2 of 2Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
70chevelless

Re: Is this another problem!
Reply #2   Feb 3, 2010 6:21 am
friiy wrote:
      Sometimes flat primer bulbs are due to a clogged fuel bowl vent,   also if the bulb is MADE with a small hole it acts as a bowl vent.....   There is no "made-to- blow" primer  bulb  made as far as I know...

Check your parts list to see if it has a hole.   Or go to a shop to see if the part number for your bulb has a hole..

Good Luck

Friiy

Good Morning,

Thank you for your reply yes I have been reading about these primer bulbs & see where some have holes in them Oh Oh! (as I glued mine) and some don't. I tried this one lastnight before leaving for work & it seemed to have primed gas but it was late so I did not start her.

All I know is that when I took it off & glued up the hole it came right back up!. I only wish I had a part number for it I can't even find it on the Briggs & Stratton web site but have seen a ton of them on ebay but with out knowing the part number so much for that. Anyway today I have a doctors apointment & there is a farm & tractor store out there they have helped me in the past so I'm going to stop there & find out. I guess I just worry to much as I never seen one colapse before & was to say the least tired & mad of all things to go.

Well anyway Thank you once again & wish me luck I guess we will see what today brings.

Will,   

Replies: 2 - 2 of 2Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42