Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro Power Clear 180: Anybody use it yet?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
joed

Toro Power Clear 180: Anybody use it yet?
Original Message   Dec 12, 2009 4:31 pm
Has anyone used the little Toro Power Clear 180 yet?  It has the 87 cc engine 4 cycle engine on it. 
Replies: 32 - 41 of 55Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
mech12

Re: Toro Power Clear 180: Anybody use it yet?
Reply #32   Feb 2, 2010 5:04 pm
   we are a certified toro sales and service center up here in minnesota,  twin cities area.  so far the only problem with these taiwanese engines is the carb leaks fuel  and or  they will start right away , when primed, but kill.... toro recognized this issue and a carb kit is available under warranty.... they have problems  with the "coating" on the inlet needle coming off.....   anyhow if anyone needs to bring it in for service dont let them charge you..........................................................................

....................................  tell the it under  TORO SERVICE BULLETIN   SNOW PRODUCTS   # 81...................................................

GOOD LUCK     chris

aa335

Reply #33   Feb 2, 2010 5:54 pm
Thanks.  This is good info to prevent dishonest dealer from double charging Toro and the customer for the same work.  It is horrendous to think that some dealers can do no work and charging.  Or doing work and double charging.
jlge99

Reply #34   Feb 2, 2010 6:32 pm
aa335 wrote:
I'm in the Chicagoland area too.  Let me know what zip code (no names necessary) where that mom and pop dealer that did not service your snowblower promptly and I'll make a point not to do business with them. 

superbuick

Reply #35   Feb 2, 2010 9:07 pm
All the while my 2 stroke powerlite works wonderfully, starts on the first pull, and leaks nothing.....  The fact that it weighs less and has more power too....I'll deal with the "messy mixing of oil and gas" (riiiiiiiiiiight) any day of the week!
aa335

Reply #36   Feb 2, 2010 11:38 pm
superbuick wrote:
All the while my 2 stroke powerlite works wonderfully, starts on the first pull, and leaks nothing.....  The fact that it weighs less and has more power too....I'll deal with the "messy mixing of oil and gas" (riiiiiiiiiiight) any day of the week!

That little bumblebee has been in production for the last 10 years.  I hope Toro has gotten the bugs out of it by now.  Toro did have some initial hick ups with the Rtek engine in the Toro 3650 when it first came out, something about a plastic carb and snow getting in around choke lever.  So it is expected to have some problems with the Powerclear 180 on its first production year.

Don't tempt me to buy the last new Powerlite 2- smoke in my area.   

By the way, my 10 year old 4 stroke snowblower still starts nicely, usually on 2nd pull since it doesn't have primer bulb.  It weight a LOT, 95lbs.  It's only messy once a year for oil change.  It looks like this:

The only thing that looks better is a Toro Snow Commander.
This message was modified Feb 3, 2010 by aa335
superbuick

Reply #37   Feb 3, 2010 10:22 am
That 621 is a nice machine AA335! Honda doesn't make them like that anymore unfortunately.
aa335

Reply #38   Feb 3, 2010 10:48 am
superbuick wrote:
That 621 is a nice machine AA335! Honda doesn't make them like that anymore unfortunately.

It is quite a machine.  It's in really good condition considering the age.  I've thought about restoring it to showroom status and retire it as a garage queen.  Then I'd get a Toro 421Q or 221Q to do most of the snowblowing duties.  The HS1132TAS is reserved for attacking EOD and helping out the neighbors or when snow gets higher than 10 inches.  There's just something very satisfying about seeing a 50 foot rooster tail of snow coming out of this machine.  Ranks right up there with a perfectly executed powerslide.

By the way, the HS621 is still in production (in the USA?) and but only available for sale in Canada and other parts of the world, not USA.  I guess the customer base for a $1000+ single stage snowblower is too small or non-existent.  It's a hard sell when current Toro offerings are so well designed, perform well, easy to repair, and costs a lot less.
This message was modified Feb 3, 2010 by aa335
aa335

Reply #39   Feb 3, 2010 5:23 pm
mech12 wrote:
   we are a certified toro sales and service center up here in minnesota,  twin cities area.  so far the only problem with these taiwanese engines is the carb leaks fuel  and or  they will start right away , when primed, but kill.... toro recognized this issue and a carb kit is available under warranty.... they have problems  with the "coating" on the inlet needle coming off.....   anyhow if anyone needs to bring it in for service dont let them charge you..........................................................................

....................................  tell the it under  TORO SERVICE BULLETIN   SNOW PRODUCTS   # 81...................................................

GOOD LUCK     chris

I didn't know Taiwan makes engines.  Say it isn't so.
superbuick

Reply #40   Feb 4, 2010 9:45 am
They are Loncin engines made in china.
Catt

Reply #41   Feb 4, 2010 12:56 pm
Mine has never leaked fuel, but I guess I'll need to get a float needle just in case.  This is why I like to have a fuel shut off.  Maybe I'll see if it can be added.
Replies: 32 - 41 of 55Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42