Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Simplicity auger belt replacement help

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
crafty

Simplicity auger belt replacement help
Original Message   Jan 21, 2010 8:05 pm
I need to replace auger belt on a Simplicity snowblower..I followed manual,but can't pull belt out between auger and drive belt pulleys.There is not enough clearance.Any suggestions?Thanks
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
trouts2

Re: Simplicity auger belt replacement help
Reply #1   Jan 22, 2010 8:50 am

Crafty,

You did not list your factory model number but posted the same question on the I1224 thread so it’s a guess that is your model.

The belt should come out.  The drawings show that model to be the same as an approx 12 year old 1233 Murray I had.  The belt may be catching on the rims or bolts in there.  It might be held on by the break pad but you probably have that pushed back and got the belt out of the groove. 

If that does not work, you could flip the machine on it’s bucket (the factory maintenance position) and take the bottom cover off.  That will give you some access in there.  You might be able to push the belt through with something dull tipped prod so you don’t damage the back of the belt. 

If that does not work then you might have to split the tractor and intake housing which is not a big deal.  You take out the 4 side bolts and the chute crank bolt holding the crank to the handlebar.  The tractor section will fall back so put a support under the handlebars first.  It may be enough to only take out the two top bolts and loosen the bottoms to tilt the sections apart enough to slip out the belt.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42