Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Anyone know

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
victorytea

Anyone know
Original Message   Jan 19, 2010 5:14 pm
When do snowblowrs generally go on sale. I live in central New York. Thanx, Paul
Replies: 3 - 12 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
victorytea

Re: Anyone know
Reply #3   Jan 21, 2010 12:41 am
Oldcrow;
          Thanks for taking my post seriously and for your intelligent, benevolent response. I guess you have seen times when money was scarce? We have a 4 year old son with some medical problems and I am trying to stretch our dollars as far as possible. I really don't take offense to the 1st guys comment as he probably doesn't  know our situation. Thanks again, Paul
amazer98

Reply #4   Jan 21, 2010 7:26 am
Amazon.com is discounting a $1500 Husqvarna 30-inch machine with a 349cc B&S to just under $1290 with free shipping.  Maybe they have deals on other models as well.  But your best bet might be to cruise the Craigslist.com listings in your area for a decent used machine.  Good luck!
njal

Reply #5   Jan 21, 2010 7:32 am
Paul where are you located? How big a machine do you need?
victorytea

Reply #6   Jan 21, 2010 10:28 am
I live in Red Creek Ny  and have a small  (40') driveway. I've been looking at the Ariens compact models. BTW, Alan, I got your message- THANKS. Paul
mikiewest

Reply #7   Jan 21, 2010 8:18 pm
I think your best bet right now is craigslist.You can negotiate with a lot of the sellers especially if they r moving somewhere warm or they overbought and need $$. If you can wait till March,Home Depot and Lowes might have good sales.
njal

Reply #8   Jan 21, 2010 10:32 pm
Paul I have a  7 hp snapper that I picked up a few weeks ago,

it's about 10 years old.Let me know if you have an interest in this machine.

Your about 300 miles from me.So I'm not sure if it would worth your while

time gas tolls etc. there is a picture of it on this website.page 2

I didn't do much to it oil,and adj. belts. Seems to run fine.

The true test would be to hit it with a load of snow but no snow here yet in jersey.

hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Reply #9   Jan 21, 2010 11:23 pm
victorytea wrote:
I live in Red Creek Ny  and have a small  (40') driveway. I've been looking at the Ariens compact models. BTW, Alan, I got your message- THANKS. Paul

Paul, L@@K at this link on craigs list. Its one of those good strong snapper models. http://longisland.craigslist.org/tls/1561172861.html

oldcrow

If it ain't broke, try harder

Reply #10   Jan 21, 2010 11:50 pm
victorytea wrote:
Oldcrow;
          Thanks for taking my post seriously and for your intelligent, benevolent response. I guess you have seen times when money was scarce? We have a 4 year old son with some medical problems and I am trying to stretch our dollars as far as possible. I really don't take offense to the 1st guys comment as he probably doesn't  know our situation. Thanks again, Paul

My pleasure. Just trying to give back. The previous poster was probably trying to make a joke, but I wouldn't worry about it.

I sympathize with your money situation, I do know what that's like, believe me. I think you came to the right place, though. There's an abundance of good, knowlegable folks hanging out here, it's just a matter of time before one of them points you in the right direction. Good luck, and thanks for the kind words.
victorytea

Reply #11   Jan 21, 2010 11:53 pm
Thanks everyone for your time and advice. I think I will wait for Feb and see what kind of a deal I can get from the biggies. Not much snow here in the past 10 days or so. I may be selling some property, and if I do, I will just haul off and buy a machine. Things are not dismal at all but money sure has been tight lately.  My oldest son has the Ariens deluxe but I don't think I need that much of a machine. From reading the various posts, it seems like Toro is the choice of many but I'm not sure where to get one around here. Ariens is sold by Home Depot. My son suggested the compact version with the Suburu engine. Thanks again- Paul.
This message was modified Jan 21, 2010 by victorytea
Justsomeguy

Reply #12   Jan 22, 2010 4:36 pm
I bought my Ariens in late Feb...Or maybe even the first week of March 08. I got about $200 off the $1150 price....And he had to dig it out of storage too.
T
Replies: 3 - 12 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42