Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Anyone know

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
victorytea

Anyone know
Original Message   Jan 19, 2010 5:14 pm
When do snowblowrs generally go on sale. I live in central New York. Thanx, Paul
Replies: 11 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
victorytea

Re: Anyone know
Reply #11   Jan 21, 2010 11:53 pm
Thanks everyone for your time and advice. I think I will wait for Feb and see what kind of a deal I can get from the biggies. Not much snow here in the past 10 days or so. I may be selling some property, and if I do, I will just haul off and buy a machine. Things are not dismal at all but money sure has been tight lately.  My oldest son has the Ariens deluxe but I don't think I need that much of a machine. From reading the various posts, it seems like Toro is the choice of many but I'm not sure where to get one around here. Ariens is sold by Home Depot. My son suggested the compact version with the Suburu engine. Thanks again- Paul.
This message was modified Jan 21, 2010 by victorytea
Justsomeguy

Reply #12   Jan 22, 2010 4:36 pm
I bought my Ariens in late Feb...Or maybe even the first week of March 08. I got about $200 off the $1150 price....And he had to dig it out of storage too.
T
oldcrow

If it ain't broke, try harder

Reply #13   Jan 22, 2010 11:35 pm
Paul,

If you're interested in a Toro model, try a dealer lookup from Toro's website. I just did a quickie search, and came up with about 10 OPE dealers from roughly Geneva, to Syracuse, to Wolcott. If you're concerned about service after the sale, a local dealer might be the way to go.

Otherwise - Ace Hardware, True Value, Home Depot, and Target all sell Toro snowblowers. Probably others as well, but these stores I know for sure. Good chance you'll find one of the more popular models for sale, especially if snowfall has been pretty weak. If you blow paved surfaces only, and don't anticipate much over 12" daily, give one of the Toro paddle models (single-stage) a look. Excellent value for the price, even the higher-end models. Happy hunting!
oldcrow

Reply #14   Jan 22, 2010 11:39 pm
Justsomeguy wrote:
I bought my Ariens in late Feb...Or maybe even the first week of March 08. I got about $200 off the $1150 price....And he had to dig it out of storage too.
T

Sweet deal. Where do you live?
Justsomeguy

Reply #15   Jan 23, 2010 6:07 am
oldcrow wrote:
Sweet deal. Where do you live?

Illinois. I forget if it was $950 complete, or + tax...Ariens 921001...
Tony
oldcrow

Reply #16   Jan 23, 2010 12:45 pm
Justsomeguy wrote:
Illinois. I forget if it was $950 complete, or + tax...Ariens 921001...
Tony

Just goes to show you that it can be done. Of course, it probably doesn't hurt to live close to Wisconsin, either.
GtWtNorth

https://t.me/pump_upp

Reply #17   Jan 24, 2010 3:37 pm
The big boxes up here are already starting to put out the patio sets and push the blowers into a corner with prices coming down. It has been a mild winter to date with a smaller than normal snowfall. If the trend continues like this we may not need blowers for much longer!

Cheers
This message was modified Jan 26, 2010 by GtWtNorth

https://t.me/pump_upp
oldcrow

Reply #18   Jan 28, 2010 10:00 am
Yeah, same thing has been happening here - although that might change pretty quickly. Winter has suddenly re-appeared, we're expecting 6-8 inches over the next day or so. And brother, has it turned COLD! Looks like less time on the boards, more time behind the blower for this kid. Just when you thought it was safe...
aa335

Reply #19   Jan 28, 2010 10:22 am
I hope we get some snow soon.  I'm not to fond of this cold 0-10 degree weather in the "flatlander's" area.  Bring on the snow.
oldcrow

Reply #20   Jan 28, 2010 2:35 pm
Know what you mean, I lived in Iowa for 12 years. No trees or hills to slow the wind, so it keeps blowing...and blowing...and blowing. Not a lot of snow, but some of the most brutal cold I've ever seen. Some pretty fair snowdrifts as well.

Then when winter's over, the tornado season begins. Ahh, life on the prairie...
Replies: 11 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42