Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Simplicity auger idler tension spring

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mikemilw

Simplicity auger idler tension spring
Original Message   Jan 7, 2010 12:03 pm
Hello,

I need assistance on replacing a tension spring for a Simplicity 2-stage snowblower.  I have a spring that is broken. I will pick up one today.
The problem is I am not sure where the other end of the spring hooks. This diagram shows the part (#29 - 1673911SM).  One end connects to
the idler arm at the bottom. Where does the other (short end) connect?   I am thinking perhaps it is the hex nut (labelled #1 in the diagram).

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=simplicity&mn=1691413+-+755E%2C+7HP+22%22+Snowthrower+%28S%2FN+13781+%26+Below%29&dn=12178

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
trouts2

Re: Simplicity auger idler tension spring
Reply #1   Jan 7, 2010 12:08 pm
I don't know exactly where but for those I hook up the obvious end then run the spring in the obvious direction.  The other end will hook up usually 1/2 to 1 inch away from the spring in that direction.  They go in a hole, slot, around a bolt or just catch the frame edge. 
This message was modified Jan 7, 2010 by trouts2
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42