Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > looking for part

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
baadlee

looking for part
Original Message   Jan 6, 2010 6:39 am
   Hi I have an ariens model #724075 and when i got it the throttle control lever was broken off.  It appears that it is rivited to the bracket that attaches over the where the carb bolts on.  So basically i cant control engine speed above idle.  Im having troubles finding this part, or even a part number. Any hints or help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
trouts2

Re: looking for part
Reply #1   Jan 6, 2010 8:45 am

I think you had a typo of 724075 instead of 924075.  The 924075 came with a H70-133021 in a few flavors for the throttle.  For yours the throttle control bracket is called out in the drawing in a figure number but no part number listed so probably came with the cowling and as you say riveted on. 

One broken off throttle arm I “fixed” by cutting a can and bending it over the  remainder of the arm to wrap around it and compressed it with vice grips.  It stuck out enough to allow movement with gloves on.  A Micky Mouse fix but it worked. 

An H70 from about those years was a 13066M which came with a similar throttle plate.  That one was screwed in with 2 sheet metal screws.  It is 34677 Control Bracket (Incl. 98, 99, 144 & 172) and about $10-20.
kdez

Re: looking for part
Reply #2   Jan 6, 2010 11:44 am
the above assumes you have the original engine, which you probably do.  I would look on the engine for a model number.  Then start your search for a part.  The model number for the snow thrower will help you find parts for the drive unit, auger, etc.  Good Luck!
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42