Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snow Blower Cab Selection

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
INGuy

Snow Blower Cab Selection
Original Message   Dec 27, 2009 12:19 pm
I was excited to install a new cab my father-in-law gave me for Christmas, but in the first steps of assembly I determined it was going to be too wide to fit in the space I have in my garage and will have to be returned.  It is a Precise Fit brand (about $80 from Lowes, I think) and measured at least 36" wide assembled.  There is no easy way to detach the assembled cab for storage either.

I am trying to find a cab that is signifigantly narrower in width, and will work my Ariens 932035 - 724 (compact 2-stage).  Pics of my machine can be seen in the OP here: http://www.abbysguide.com/ope/discussions/41100-0-1.html

So far, I'm looking at the Ariens Deluxe Snow Thrower Enclosure: http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=202021284&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=202021284&cm_mmc=shopping-_-googlebase-_-D28X-_-202021284

The specs listed on Home Depot's site say it is only 29.5" wide assembled and also states it can be quickly detached for easy storage.  This should fit in my garage space and will make it convenient to remove and hang from the ceiling during the off season.

Does anyone have any experience with this cab?  Likes and/or dislikes?  Will it work with my machine?  Any recommendations for other narrow and/or quickly detachable cabs?

Replies: 11 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
INGuy

Re: Snow Blower Cab Selection
Reply #11   Dec 29, 2009 11:29 am
Ah-hah!  Well, at least we're on the same page now.
Bill_H

Reply #12   Jan 3, 2010 10:33 pm
Grrrr looks like Classic has discontinued the older Deluxe (Borat's model) and replaced it with the smaller one. I've had the older one on my Amazon wish list all year just waiting for it to come back into stock, figured it would at the end of summer. Now I guess it won't be. Update: looking at the reviews on Amazon.com, it seems one of the owners of the newer one greatly preferred the older one for several reasons. I may have to look around for old stock.
This message was modified Jan 3, 2010 by Bill_H

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
aa335

Reply #13   Jan 3, 2010 10:55 pm
Seems like the newer style Classic Accessories Deluxe Cab doesn't have as much wraparound and overhead coverage as the older style.  The newer one looks more like a wind screen.  There's definitely less metal tubing frame.
Replies: 11 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42