Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Tecumseh 8HP tuning

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
PACKO

Tecumseh 8HP tuning
Original Message   Dec 20, 2009 10:52 am
Last year I picked up a Toro 824 Powershift blower, history unknown.  When first start it, the engine hunts or surges until it gets warm then it runs fine.  Is this at all normal.  I tried adjusting the jet on the bottom of the float bowl and found that when I turn it in it will eventually start to miss so I turn it back out.  When I try and see where it will miss on the rich side nothing happens.  I can turn it out real far with no effect.    I have it set about a turn of so off of the lean side.  Any suggestions.
I am running some Sea Foam in the gas and the oil.
Replies: 5 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
qlty

Re: Tecumseh 8HP tuning
Reply #5   Dec 26, 2009 10:27 am
Hunting = engine is running lean.If only till warm up it could be a vacume leak.check the bolts holding the carborator to the engine.To find a leak you could use a small propane tourch (not lit) appling a small amount of gas to various areas,if engine picks up speed or smoothes out you have found the leak.
Replies: 5 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42