Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro 826 (1978) reverse issue

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
kenrhurley

Toro 826 (1978) reverse issue
Original Message   Dec 24, 2009 12:43 pm
rI have an old TORO 826 that runs great after 30 years.  But this past year it started acting up.  When I put it in reverse, it sometimes hesitates then makes a loud fast-paced banging noise before having the reverse engage fully.  I removed the back shroud, and think I know what the problem is.  I believe that the chain is skipping over thte teeth in the small cog.  The tensioner seems like it is tight enough....but what the heck do I know.  The problem is sporadic and does not happen all of the time.  Just curious if anybody else has had this issue.  I have checked the formu discussions and did not read anything about this.  If anybody has any suggestions, I would be grateful.  ~ Ken
This message was modified Dec 25, 2009 by kenrhurley
This topic has no replies.
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42