Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > On fixing a flat tire.... and a stubborn Ariens clutch lever

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
grump

On fixing a flat tire.... and a stubborn Ariens clutch lever
Original Message   Dec 20, 2009 10:59 pm
(Making progress, slow but sure.  This thread started a few years ago.  The clutch lever was replaced and works fine, but finally getting to the shift rod adjustment)

Two questions....

I've got an old 7HP Ariens with the H70 engine, a tire was low (maybe empty) so I inflated it just before using it.  Short while later I see it's riding off the rim.  Inflated it again and made it through the storm.  I did notice the second time around, with a now wet rim, that the air was leaking (bubbling) out through the base of the stem, and a tad around the bead.

What's the right way of changing a tire tube on a rusty rim so it holds air?

And about a clutch.  The hand lever was all but locked and wouldn't go in.  Although there may not be a relationship, I fiddled with the gear selector a bit and then the clutch worked fine.  This happened several times.  I looked inside the chassis and didn't see anything amiss, but at the time the lever was also working properly.  What could cause an intermittent lockout of the clutch lever from functioning?
This message was modified Nov 2, 2011 by grump
Replies: 1 - 12 of 12View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 12 of 12View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42