Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > ariens 724

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
baadlee

ariens 724
Original Message   Dec 20, 2009 6:33 pm
     I got an old ariens 724 from my grand father and in runs ok but the carb needs a rebuild and it needs a new float. the tag on the side of it is gone and i need to figure out what the number was. It is an ariens 724 7 hp model #924075 ser# 001301 # on carborator reads 283 9J25. Any help would be great. thanks
Replies: 2 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
baadlee

Re: ariens 724
Reply #2   Dec 20, 2009 8:27 pm
i know the float has a crack in it as it was half full of fuel. I had the whole upper half sitting it carb cleaner for a while and cleaned out all the pasages.  I was just looking for a kit with new seals and gaskets and then a float. hopefully those numbers you gave me will do the trick.
baadlee

Reply #3   Dec 20, 2009 8:29 pm
the was vertually no rust in the thing, but i know he used to use a really old metal gas can to fill the thing so that probibly didnt help things.
mkd55

Reply #4   Dec 20, 2009 9:00 pm
baadlee! make sure you inspect the brass nut that holds the float on,this is the high speed jet and has small passages that need to be clean.use a small wire and plenty of carb cleaner along with compressed air .once you have it back together and running put the appropriate amount of sea foam in the fresh gas,start it up and run it at high speed and spray small amounts of sea foam into the carb. the engine produces the draw and the seafoam supplies the cleaning agent to help clean all the passages that the cylinder is drawing fuel thru. this will really clean it out.you can also take the plug out and turn the engine over by hand till the piston comes up on the compression stroke.leave it at the high spot and dribble about 1/2 oz of seafoam down the sparkplug hole.put the plug back in and let it sit for a couple of minutes and then start it up.you will see smoke like the dickens till everything is burned out the exhaust.seafoam will really help clean things up and is much better for a running engine because it has some lubrication qualities that choke or carb cleaner doesn't have.seafoam also has fuel stabilizing ability and can be added to your fuel can everytime you fuel it up.
baadlee

Reply #5   Jan 6, 2010 6:42 am
Thank you guys for all your help. I was able to find a rebuild kit and float and it now runs great.
Replies: 2 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42