Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 2003 Ariens 1128 Snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Trogg

2003 Ariens 1128 Snowblower
Original Message   Dec 20, 2009 2:02 pm
I'm sure I'm not the only procrastinator who has done this. Not stored the fuel system properly at the end of a season. Now that I've got varnish and probably a few mice in the carburator. What's the quickest clean out procedure to get fuel flowing again? I've heard to drain fresh gas in, pull brass plug from bottom of bowl and there's an orifice to clean out in that plug. I'm open for suggestions.
This message was modified Dec 20, 2009 by Trogg
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
mkd55

Re: 2003 Ariens 1128 Snowblower
Reply #1   Dec 20, 2009 2:18 pm
pull the fuel line to drain tank,take the brass nut located under  the float bowl out and make sure all the holes are cleaned out with choke cleaner and small wire to clean the holes.reinstall the float bowl and gas line.add fresh fuel to the cleaned out tank but add double strenght seafoam to fuel (2oz. to 1 gal of gas). when engine fires and is running fast throttle position spray small amounts of seafoam directly into carb with a squirt bottle several times until engine is running smooth.seafoam is great stuff and will cleanup many things without disassembly.if the float bowl and drained gas was fairly clean you may only need to do the above to get it back running again.if the above doesn't  take care of it  you will need to take the carb off for a rebuild and/or thorough cleaning.
Trogg

Re: 2003 Ariens 1128 Snowblower
Reply #2   Dec 20, 2009 2:25 pm
Thanks, I never heard of that type of cleaner but sounds like a good place to start. Lesson for me for the day...an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Happy Holidays.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42