Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > areins 11528le

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
tbone82

areins 11528le
Original Message   Dec 20, 2009 12:40 pm
can anyone give me advise on how to put auger shaft back in the side fitting on machine? there is no room to just do it, hoping there is a easy fix.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
trouts2

Re: areins 11528le
Reply #1   Dec 20, 2009 1:30 pm
Assuming you have not made a repair, taken out the augers and now can't remember how the parts go back in.

It seems like you've had some sort of accident and one side of the auger shaft jumped out of it's bearing.  What happened?  Did the rakes pull in something?  What is the state of things?  Do you have one side in and one side out?

Assuming you have one side out from an accident.  You probalby have to unscrew the large screw at the end of the auger shaft then unscrew the three screws that hold on the bearing holder. 

The crude method would be to use a 6 foot prybar, bend over the side plate and get clearance to insert the auger shaft end into the bearing.  I did that last week after taking in a tarp into the rakes which forced out one side of the auger shaft bearing.    But that was on an old 70's machine.  You've probalby got something like a 924125 or something close to that.

Fess up, what happened?

tbone82

Re: areins 11528le
Reply #2   Dec 20, 2009 1:56 pm
i caught the dogs cable, one side is in and one is out. i tried to ose pry bar but was not able to do it. You say there is a screw in the front of the auger? snow is pilling up and i am hoping i can get this done. thanks for responding so quickly.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42