Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 924038 Snow blower belt won't disengage

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
abundell

Ariens 924038 Snow blower belt won't disengage
Original Message   Dec 10, 2009 3:20 pm
I bought my first snowblower last year, an old Ariens 724 (924038)... late '70s probably. Engine and transmission run fine. Can't stop the rakes from turning. When I went to check tension to see if that was the problem, I noticed the belts were very worn. Split the case and replaced them today, but problem persists. I backed off idler completely. Belt is loose, but seems not loose enough to prevent turning rakes even when clutch is Out. Wasn't sure if there was adjustment at clutch lever or is the brake in there supposed to hold the sheave in place when clutch is Out? Thanks
Replies: 11 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
abundell

Re: Ariens 924038 Snow blower belt won't disengage
Reply #11   Dec 16, 2009 4:09 pm
David,

Thanks for all the info. I'm planning to do a little grease work over the next few days. FYI... a friend of mine who is a mechanic turned me on to Penray Red Grease 7001. It's great stuff. Comes in an aerosol and sprays on like WD-40 (complete with the little red tube that fits into the nozzle), but after 20 minutes it dries to a non-tacky grease. Great for low and high temps. Great for hard to reach places and any place you need a light coating of grease.
Replies: 11 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42