Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 1336PRO 12v Starter issue

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
clearmax2000

Ariens 1336PRO 12v Starter issue
Original Message   Dec 13, 2009 4:41 pm
Hey guys hoping someone can help me out with a starter issue.
I own an Ariens 1336PRO ST1336DLE Model# 924506 SN# 003716.
This model has the 12v battery electric start. I have owned it for 6 years and when I went to start it it just clicked like the battery was dead.
So I assumed after 6 years it was time to replace the battery. I purchased a new battery with a 340 CCA model that the manual suggested.
I made sure the terminals were clean but when I turned the key it still clicked and didn't turn over.
I assumed I was sold a dead battery but I tried the electric chute control and it moves fast like it has plenty of power.
I hooked up my battery charger and it said the battery was fully charged. I pulled out the multi meter and it is reading 13v.
There is no corrosion at all on the battery terminals and a little on the heavy gauge power wire that goes to the starter so I cleaned that connection.
When I test for power with the key turned to start there is no power on the heavy red wire that is connected to the starter. I assume there should be.

Do these starters have a remote Solenoid like a Ford or is it attached to the starter like a Chevy?
Is the solenoid located in the box under the battery? I think that is where the click comes from.
Does it sound like my issue is the starter solenoid?

I am aware I can still use the pull start but I have been spoiled for years with the electric so its worth it for me to fix it.

Thanks,
Ray

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42