Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Arien 926Le snow blower will not start

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Adec

Now what

Arien 926Le snow blower will not start
Original Message   Dec 11, 2009 11:56 am
Hi Guys,

I just pulled my 926le out of the shed and when I pulled on the cord...nothing. I then tried the electric start and once again, nothing. It doesn't even turn over. when I changed the belts in Aug, it started on the second try. I have it full of gas and the primmer is pumping the gas in. The engine is a LH318Sa. A friend of mine recommended that I spray WD-40 into the carb. can anyone give me any suggestions? I would appreciate it.

Replies: 3 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Krank

Re: Arien 926Le snow blower will not start
Reply #3   Dec 11, 2009 1:41 pm
If you're getting gas out of the carb, you're flooding it. You should only need to press the primer 3 to 5 times. When was the last time you changed the spark plug? Did you drain the gas from last year and run the carb dry?
 If the electric start is not working, it sounds as if you may have other issues as well.
mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Reply #4   Dec 11, 2009 5:55 pm
Try the simple things first-

1) Is the key in the right position

2) is thg throtle open

3) Is the spark plug wire seated on the plug

4) open the gas cap to make sure you have fuel flow

5) make sure the fuel valve is in the open position

Marc 

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
trouts2

Reply #5   Dec 11, 2009 7:19 pm

After the checks mml4 posted:

1. For any clean carb 1-3 bulb pumps should be enough for most any year Tecumseh engine with a bulb primer.
  2. For any Tecumseh engine in decent shape 1-4 pulls should get a start.

You can pull all day but it would be easier to:

1. Give it a couple of primes, choke on full, throttle to ¾ full, and pull at most 4 times. 
  2. If it does not start pull the plug and see if it’s wet or dry.
  3. If wet it’s flooded pulling anymore is useless.  Possibilities are, you are getting too much gas possibly from flooding, there is no spark or the engine does not have enough compression.  Could be a gas logged float for too much gas or a wet plug gas from no spark.  Check the spark.
  4. If dry it’s not getting enough gas.  Could be a defective primer line or a blocked/dirty carb.  Try priming a bunch and see if it starts.  Recheck the plug. It should be wet.  If not you have a problem with the primer or most likely a dirty carb.  
A quick check for spark is put gas into the throat or through the plug.  WD-40 is ok.  Give 3-4 pulls and you should get a start, put or smoke, something to indicate it fired.  If not suspect spark.  (insure the plug is dry first).
Replies: 3 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42