Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens traction control or Toro chute??

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
snowgo

Ariens traction control or Toro chute??
Original Message   Nov 11, 2009 10:37 am
I'm in the market for a new snow blower and trying to narrow down my choices. I started a post here a month or so ago, with concerns on Simplicity's electric chute controls. As a brief recap, the primary use of this new snow blower will be to clear out a large corner lot, including a 3 car wide, 2 car length driveway. Due to the layout of the property, I have to blow the snow all the way over from one side of the driveway (across the 3 car widths) to the other side ... and over a row of 4 foot tall hedges on that other side.

Being that I feel more comfortable with mechanical parts rather than electric, I'm dropping the Simplicity out of the choices. My choices are coming down to either one of the Ariens platinum deluxe models (24" or 27") or one of the Toros with the easy turning features. In a nutshell, I'm trying to prioritize what's more important to me ... the really slick chute controls of the Toro or the wheel/traction mechanism of the Ariens platinum machines. I really like the idea of not having to worry about cable freeze-ups in the turning mechanism, which is why I would go platinum instead of just regular deluxe on the Ariens.

Any thoughts on this???

Thanks,

Bob
Replies: 18 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Guinness

Re: Ariens traction control or Toro chute??
Reply #18   Dec 10, 2009 2:46 pm
I would go for the one with the automatic traction control.  I used mine yesterday, and it was fantastic.  Even my wife was able to move it around and its the Pro 28.
amazer98

Re: Ariens traction control or Toro chute??
Reply #19   Dec 10, 2009 6:53 pm
Guinness wrote:
I would go for the one with the automatic traction control.  I used mine yesterday, and it was fantastic.  Even my wife was able to move it around and its the Pro 28.

Thanks for the tip, Guinness.  I'll try the strategy of telling my wife that someday she'll have to/ want to/ will crave using the machine, and then she'll relish the easy turning, hand warming, halogen lighting and remote chute controls of the Platinum model. Brilliant!
bevans

tougher than the elements...everything in Wisconsin is

Re: Ariens traction control or Toro chute?? (I bought a machine)
Reply #20   Dec 15, 2009 8:43 pm
snowgo wrote:
After much agonizing over what to buy, I just took delivery of an Ariens Deluxe 30" Platinum snow blower. This thing is HUGE compared to the old 1971 24" Ariens which it is replacing. I'm hoping I didn't overdo it. I think it might take some adjusting to get used to handling a bigger machine. The reason I went with the 30" over the 24" was pretty much for the extra power of the 30-incher's larger 342CC 1650 series engine. I wanted to make darn sure that whatever I bought could handle the End-Of-Driveway stuff. For what it's worth, the features that drew me to the Ariens over the other brands were the tall chute (to shoot snow over a 4 foot row of hedges), the Automatic Traction Control (one less cable to freeze up), and a little bit of the decision had to do with a sense of loyalty to my home state (where Ariens is headquartered). Snow is in the forecast for Monday here. I'm not sure how much, but if we get a surprise accumulation of snow, I should be all set. Thank you all for your help! Bob

I had no idea what to buy,, but after finding this forum, I knew "you get what you pay for".

I too wanted to remain loyal to my home state. I just purchased a ST926DLE PRO. What a great machine...let it sonw...let it snow....let it snow......

Bill

Replies: 18 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42