Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > When I press the Primer bulb gas squirts on the floor.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Paul7

When I press the Primer bulb gas squirts on the floor.
Original Message   Jan 28, 2009 3:11 pm
I really like my Ariens 11528.  But my Tecumseh 11.5 HP OHV engine has been nothing but trouble.  It had to go in the shop right after I bought it almost 2 years ago because the recoil starter would pull halfway out and then snap back into the engine with a vengeance.   Got that fixed.  Now today It won't start.  When I press the primer bulb gas squirts out from under the engine and onto the floor.  Any ideas would be appreciated because even though it's still under warranty it will cost me $60 for the dealer to pick it up. 
Replies: 14 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
mkrind

Re: When I press the Primer bulb gas squirts on the floor.
Reply #14   Dec 10, 2009 7:24 am
I had a backwards issue.  I am pressing the primer bulb and I am not getting ANY fuel to inject into the carb throat.  It sounds like air hissing back and forth.  I popped the carb off, float is loose, the needle looks good, w/o taking it out.  Nothing seems to be clogged yet the hissing comes from this port that I believe you all are talking about is where the excess gasoline escapes when over primed,  THis does not seem normal to me.  Is there a check of some kind that may be tarnished over or something?  Please let me know. Thanks.
Replies: 14 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42