Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens combination sno-thrower and lawn mower model number 9240926

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
krystina

Ariens combination sno-thrower and lawn mower model number 9240926
Original Message   Dec 9, 2009 11:10 am
I inherited this machine many years ago. I have since retired the lawn mower deck and only use the sno-thrower. It is still a great machine, with a 8 hp motor. I can't seem to find any information on this or even an owners manual. In preparing for winter I drained the oil, but don't know how much or what grade I should use. I am also looking for information to adjust the carb...any assistance would be greatly apprieciated. Thank you.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
trouts2

Re: Ariens combination sno-thrower and lawn mower model number 9240926
Reply #1   Dec 9, 2009 1:30 pm
The owner, parts and service manual for the 924026 is below.

http://apache.ariens.com/cgibin/ctrg0005?form=Download&model=924026&serial=1234&mantype=O&mantype=P&mantype=S&language=ENG&sessionid=28702A3AD72BF4C0AA733C4CB825206B&site=ARIENSS

I think your model has full differentail and the steel gearcase.  That's a great model.  I used a 924 this morning refitted with a 6.5 Honda GX clone engine.  It's a nice model to use.  It digs in very well and handles very easily.   An Ariens classic.  The engine may be down in compression but thats a easy body to refit with an OHV clone.  

Any decent 5-30 oil is ok. 

For the carb 1 turn out from fully closed for the idle jet and 1 1/2 for the main jet on the bottom.  If the carb is in good shape those settings should get you running well.  The only tweak would be up to 1/2 turn either side of 1 and 1/2 out on the main jet.   If it does not run very well after fine tweaking the main jet then you may have one of some minor  issues:  Water in the gas, or dirt, dried gas in the carb body.  You could drop the bowl and clean out the bowl and clean out the bowl nut holes with a thin wire.  "Thin wire" - a paper clip won't work.  There's a tiny hole above the threads on the bowl nut.  A stripped tie wrap will work.

Sano

Re: Ariens combination sno-thrower and lawn mower model number 9240926
Reply #2   Dec 13, 2009 4:42 am
I recently acquired one (924026) that I'm repairing, probably to sell. As trout says, it's a serious machine.

In addition to his advice, I'll add a few suggestions.

I was getting some easy parts from my local small engine -bricks+mortar- store and mentioned that mine didn't have electric start. 8HP Tecumseh. My guy says "hah, them always pull over". Well, even with stale gas I primed her and choked her and chuff, chuff she coughed. Put some fresh gas in and away she went. In my part of Ohio, snowblowers don't see a lot of use.

Check the little crankcase on the auger. Top it off with either 90 weight gear oil or 0(zero)-grease. Or maybe drain and refill it. I just rebuilt mine and used some of both.

trout's posted url will get you the manual, the exact one. (Big Thanks to trout!!   My Google-foo is rather poor)

Look for all the grease fittings and grease them. Look in the manual, and oil what needs oil. If it needs repair, it's probably going to cost a lot. I have way too much time in the one I have. Being so old, rust has just about bonded some of the parts together. I have many hours pulling the bearing that supports the second stage auger. But it runs like a watch now. Both drive belt idlers aren't lined up correctly and I need to adjust those.
This message was modified Dec 13, 2009 by Sano
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42