Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens Deluxe 24

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Craig24

Ariens Deluxe 24
Original Message   Oct 29, 2009 1:02 pm
I am purchasing my first snow blower.  Saw this model at HD and at an independent Ariens retailer and service provider:

http://www.ariens.com/products_snow/s_deluxe_group/s_deluxe_24/Pages/default.aspx

Any takes on this model?  The price is $899 + tax.

I am in New England.  The driveway is small, flat, and paved.

-C
Replies: 7 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
amazer98

Re: Ariens Deluxe 24
Reply #7   Dec 7, 2009 11:27 am
I just bought the 24 Deluxe model.  I also live in New Hampshire (Hollis), where we get a good amount of snow.  I wasn't put off by the lack of a differential, since I preferred to save the $400.  Handwarmers and joystick weren't imporatnt to me, and I really didn't need the headlight, since we have some post lights along our drive.

Our driveway is about 60 feet long and does slope at the end at a medium grade.  At the top, we have a parking area about 35x35', so it's certainly not a tiny drive.  A few buddies with blowers and the guy at the local OPE shop who dropped off the blower last wekk estimated that it would take 30-45 minutes depending on the snowfall to clear the drive.

Given your two small drives, i would think that the Deluxe model would be fine and the platinum one overkill... unless you really need a headlight.  Don't forget, the ground will be at least a bit slippery when you blow snow and, if the unit is moving even a tiny bit when you turn it, it should not be hard to turn.  I have to admit it's a tiny bit obstinate when I wiggle it in place to park it in the garage, but it's totally not a big deal.

I love the machine, even tho I haven't had a chance to use it yet-- it's totally solid!
This message was modified Dec 7, 2009 by amazer98
Replies: 7 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42