Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > John Deere 928

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
granville

John Deere 928
Original Message   Nov 21, 2009 7:28 am
I had decided to buy a 1130  but there sold out for a few weeks. I noticed the 928  and they will sell for 1400 vs 1700 for the 1130. Does anybody know anything about this model? I noticed it has the snow series engine not the max and it uses inserts instead of bearings in the drive wheels.It has a wheel lock instead of easy steer. It does have the cast iron gearbox and electric shute control. I guess I am concerned whether it is more a murray  then a simplcity. Anybody have any answers?
Replies: 2 - 2 of 2Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
LennyB

Re: John Deere 928
Reply #2   Nov 29, 2009 9:00 am
Hi Granville,

I have a 928 and it's a great machine. It is last years model.

The model from this year has been upgraded with the electric chute control and  heated hand grips.

The gear box is still cast iron.

The wheel lock is an easy feature to use, however I don't use it that often. Just pop the button out of the wheel lock and the machine will free wheel to perform maneuvers at the end of the driveway.

It always starts on the first pull and it's a solid machine.

Is it more a Murray or Simplicity? I'll have to leave that up to someone more informed.

Len
Replies: 2 - 2 of 2Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42