Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snowblower Research

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
rambob

Snowblower Research
Original Message   Nov 19, 2009 1:44 am
This is a great site, just ran into it a couple of weeks ago.  Looking to get a new snowblower..... Here's my removal situation: I have a 135 ft, single lane straight asphalt driveway that goes around an island turnaround for about another 75 ft.  On one side of the turnaround it  to a 3 vehicle wide cement apron in front of my garage, this is the widest section at about 25 ft wide.  2  paved little spurs for turning around also come off the driveway; one approx 22 x 8 and the other approx 15 x 8.  There is also about 10 ft of sidewalk to my front porch.  I would also like to keep clear two parking/turnaround places for my snowmobile trailers.  One of these would be approx 50 ft by 10 ft and the other 10 x 10. These would be on my lawn ( a guy told be that once the ground is frozen this is doable).   The usual snowfall here is fairly dry to fairly wet, 3 to 8 inches per 24 hrs is normal with some dumps that cane over a ft in 24 hrs.  Drifting is an issue as it can get real windy.  

I've narrowed the models to:  Ariens 30 Platinum, Husqvarna 15530SB-XLS, 13524SB-XLS, 15530SB-LS.  The 357cc 30"  Craftsman is a good price but not sure if the motor is a good thing to rely on.  I like the Honda hs928wa; it looks good but its a lot of $$.  Going to look a the Toros tommorow.  No Simplicity dealer here

Any thoughts on my situation: Thanks!

Replies: 4 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
rambob

Re: Snowblower Research
Reply #4   Nov 29, 2009 3:30 am
Got a good snow dump last weekend: About 8 - 12 inches depending on the windy spots.  The new Ariens 30 Platinum worked like a champ!  Because I dont what I'm doing a i had to reblow several areas and was working with some snow that was close to  20" deep and fairly packed: It ate right thru it.  No problem at the 24" EOD berm that was crusty, heavy and wet.  The thing turns on a dime the auto traction control is great!  I also like the way the controls are configured and all of them worked real well.   All in all I'm really happy with my machine!!
Replies: 4 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42