Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Troy-bilt Storm 3090 XP

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
noel

Troy-bilt Storm 3090 XP
Original Message   Nov 18, 2009 1:12 pm
Any comments re the Troy-bilt Storm 3090 XP performance, reliability, parts availability, etc.?
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Summerwinds

Simplicity 924i, Toro 3650

Re: Troy-bilt Storm 3090 XP
Reply #1   Nov 18, 2009 1:48 pm
I am not nearly as knowledgeable as most of the guys on this board, but I can tell you that I considered the Troy-Bilt products last season. My local Lowe's store stocked them. I did not care for the cheap plastic chutes and was concerned with the shift position bracket that the gear selector fit into...it was made of plastic and looked like it would wear quickly and break easily. When I discovered that the Troy-Bilt motors were made in China I took a pass and stepped up to a Simplicity. You would be smart to spend a little more on a reputable name brand product like Simplicity, Snapper, Toro, Honda, etc.
noel

Re: Troy-bilt Storm 3090 XP
Reply #2   Nov 18, 2009 2:55 pm
Thx for the info; it's hard to get away from China and plastic today. I do like Toro and will check on the others you suggested.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42