Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens Deluxe 24

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Craig24

Ariens Deluxe 24
Original Message   Oct 29, 2009 1:02 pm
I am purchasing my first snow blower.  Saw this model at HD and at an independent Ariens retailer and service provider:

http://www.ariens.com/products_snow/s_deluxe_group/s_deluxe_24/Pages/default.aspx

Any takes on this model?  The price is $899 + tax.

I am in New England.  The driveway is small, flat, and paved.

-C
Replies: 6 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Craig24

Re: Ariens Deluxe 24
Reply #6   Nov 9, 2009 5:00 pm
WoodyWW wrote:
All things being equal, inc. price, get it at the independent Ariens retailer (assuming they have a good rep., etc.).

These things are what, roughly 200 lb. beasts. If you're in good shape, & have garage space, shouldn't be a problem. But, how big is your driveway, exactly?

I will be clearing two small diveways.  One is no more than 15' x 25', and the other one is maybe half that size.  Both are flat, paved, and rectangular.  I initially thought that I would buy a small snowblower since it would be easier to move around.  But people have been advising me to choose the 250cc B&S so that clearing the compacted snow at the end of the driveway would be easier.  The next step up on the Ariens would be same engine but with the remote wheel lock.  I am not convinced that it would make that much of a difference with my two driveways.

-C
amazer98

Re: Ariens Deluxe 24
Reply #7   Dec 7, 2009 11:27 am
I just bought the 24 Deluxe model.  I also live in New Hampshire (Hollis), where we get a good amount of snow.  I wasn't put off by the lack of a differential, since I preferred to save the $400.  Handwarmers and joystick weren't imporatnt to me, and I really didn't need the headlight, since we have some post lights along our drive.

Our driveway is about 60 feet long and does slope at the end at a medium grade.  At the top, we have a parking area about 35x35', so it's certainly not a tiny drive.  A few buddies with blowers and the guy at the local OPE shop who dropped off the blower last wekk estimated that it would take 30-45 minutes depending on the snowfall to clear the drive.

Given your two small drives, i would think that the Deluxe model would be fine and the platinum one overkill... unless you really need a headlight.  Don't forget, the ground will be at least a bit slippery when you blow snow and, if the unit is moving even a tiny bit when you turn it, it should not be hard to turn.  I have to admit it's a tiny bit obstinate when I wiggle it in place to park it in the garage, but it's totally not a big deal.

I love the machine, even tho I haven't had a chance to use it yet-- it's totally solid!
This message was modified Dec 7, 2009 by amazer98
Replies: 6 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42