Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > craftsman mod #536882600 snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
rob711

craftsman mod #536882600 snowblower
Original Message   Nov 5, 2009 11:12 am
hi all! i picked up this snow blower from craigslist for 75 bucks..it runs well and everything seems to work..can any one tell me how old it might be..i was told in heavy snow it will throw the auger belt and that it was relplaced but still happens..no snow so i have not had a chance to use it..i ran it on blocks and looked underneath and all seems good..but thats under no load..any tips or thoughts would be great. thank you

rob

Replies: 2 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
rob711

Re: craftsman mod #536882600 snowblower
Reply #2   Nov 5, 2009 2:14 pm
hey thanks, borat..i'll have to take a look at that..anyone know where i can get a owners manual for this machine..all of those on line owners manual sites say they have it but once i type in my info it cant be located..the # works on the sears website but almost all the parts are no longer availible..how old could this machine be..it runs fine but i'm wondering if the engine has points!! i believe its a 7hp techumseh
sport

Reply #3   Nov 5, 2009 10:19 pm
Good luck finding a manual for it.  Craftsman is one of the worst for making manuals available.  Here is a link to the Sears parts page for the model number you listed:

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getModel!retrieve.pd?pop=flush&modelNumber=536882600

You might contact your local Sears store to see if they can find one.

Sport
This message was modified Nov 5, 2009 by sport
friiy

Re: craftsman mod # snowblower
Reply #4   Nov 5, 2009 11:17 pm
I think that unit is made by Murry and sold thru sears.... Might check that route...

The engine is easy --- 143.746062 which is a Tec 7 hp model H70-130256J, you should be able to find a manual and/or parts list for that on the internet for free.

I have looked, I can't find a manual...What do you need it for?

Good Luck,

Friiy
rob711

Reply #5   Nov 6, 2009 2:33 pm
there was nothing specific i needed the manual for i just like to have them when and or if i need to take something apart..this is the first snowblower i've ever had so i'm not sure what to expect..like i said everything seems to be working well but i find u never truly know untill u acually need the machine to be working 100%..(learned that from outboard boat motors...the hard way!!)...i am curious as to how old the machine is though..the previous owner said in heavy snow it will throw the auger belt sometimes..he also said he changed the belts before...depending on which pulley it throws it from i was thinking of making a aluminum guard and mounting it close to the big pully on the bottom of the machine..that way if it tried to pop off hopefully it would stop it...but i'll have to wait till i get some snow before i really start messing with it...being i just got this machine and looking forward to using it, i'm pretty sure i'll get a snowless winter here on long island..thanks for the replys though.

rob

friiy

Reply #6   Nov 6, 2009 7:16 pm
These kinds of units do not change overnight, maybe you can find a diffrent model that is similar and read up on that, maybe the same unit with diffrent engine or width would have a diffrent model but basicly be the same machine...

Also after the model and type code on the motor is (I believe) the date code... If the motor is original it should give the year it was made/ sold (within a year)

Post all the numbers off the motor for us and we will see what we can do.... (starts out 143.746062 xxxxxx) then we may find out what year it was made...

Good Luck,

Friiy
rob711

Reply #7   Dec 20, 2009 8:27 pm
living on long island we got about 2' of snow for me to try my 75 dollar snowblower. never having owned a snow blower it worked pretty well.  It started easily but seemed to run a little rough. I'm going to get a new sparkplug, but i'm thinking its a carb issue. i read somewhere that these carbs are a pain to clean. I just went and got this number off the motor 143 746 062 ser 4325d. i also noticed that there was a lot of oil on the frame from the crancase vent. i think its pretty old so some blowby might be expected, ichecked the oil and it was on the low side. any ideas, should i try to clean the carb, any tips on that would be helpful.

thanks, rob

rob711

Reply #8   Dec 29, 2009 4:51 pm
turned out the carb was loose..tightened the screw and it runs mint!!  i'm never that lucky..that was great.  i noticed that there is a guide/ pin that looks like its supposed to keep the drive belt from popping off when there is no load on it. its held in place by a bolt that goes into the case of the motor..well thats striped..i'm thinking i'll have to get a helicoil kit to propery fix that..but its still owes me nothing..then i thought jb weld and try put get the bolt back in..we'll see
Replies: 2 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42