Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 1130 DLE starter mod

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
gdl357

Ariens 1130 DLE starter mod
Original Message   Sep 18, 2009 3:48 pm
I have the above and would like to be able to start the engine anywhere I am electronically.

I would like to add a battery to the rig, and an  DC->AC inverter so I would be able to use the existing 120volt starter. I would like to know how much juice this starter pulls.

amps, watts,...

OR

is there a Direct fit 12volt starter?

Also, since i have a light on my blower, this means that the endine has an alternator of some sort. Can I use this to charge my onboard battery as it seems to have a car 12v light bulb running on it. Hey what can I say, I have nothing to do at home...

Thx

Ariens 1130 DLE on it's way!
Replies: 4 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
RP08

Re: Ariens 1130 DLE starter mod
Reply #4   Nov 2, 2009 7:22 am
Snowmann wrote:
There is a 12V starter for this engine. It wouldn't be a good idea to mess with an inverter.

If we have a red and yellow wire on your alternator leads, then you have a DC line to charge a battery (red). If only a yellow, or yellow and black , then you have only AC.

Hi, i have a Ariens 926102 and it has the red wire, i was thinking about buying the battery tray and hook up a yellow 55w fog light to the battery on a switch, how would you hook this setup with the existing light that it has?
Replies: 4 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42