Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snowblower belt sizes - half inch make a difference?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
loudsubz

Snowblower belt sizes - half inch make a difference?
Original Message   Oct 18, 2009 9:42 pm
I have an older Ariens blower that is about 30 years old and the belts that are avaialble for replacement are not a direct fit. The OEM belt size was 34.5" but the local belts that are stocked go in 1" increments so I can get 34 or 35. How much of an issue would a 1/2" be if I were to use one of those belts above?
Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
loudsubz

Re: Snowblower belt sizes - half inch make a difference?
Reply #3   Oct 19, 2009 8:24 am
I got my belt reference from this ariens site

http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/belts/ariens_belts.asp

I have the 072106 and 072114.

I hasve looked for replacemrnt 72106 and the ones that come back are 3/8" X 37" not 36.5 like mentioned so I find it kind of funny aswell.
friiy

Re: Snowblower belt sizes - half inch make a difference?
Reply #4   Oct 20, 2009 12:20 pm
1/2 inch should not make a diffrence too much if there is a idler pully on the unit to take up the slack or the belt is engaged by a pully.

Friiy
Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42