Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > John Deere 1130 SE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Clay

John Deere 1130 SE
Original Message   Jan 7, 2009 1:07 pm
I did a search and found a few references to this machine but no answers.  Any one have one of these?  15.5 snow max engine, heated hand grips, 30" wide.  I can't find a listing for auger diameter or impeller diameter.  I called John Deere and the guy that was suppose to be the snow thrower expert didn't know either. 

What is the Easy Steer drive system?  The literature says: 

• Easy Steer® drive system giving continuous power to both wheels and auto speed adjustment
  • Is it similar to the Ariens auto differential? 

I've heard that the units are built by B&S which translates to Simplicity.  They do have cast iron gear cases like the Simplicity.  The chute control is different than the simplicity and so is the turning method so they are not exactly the same.  I'm trying to compare the Simplicity L1530E to the JD 1130SE.  Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

Replies: 104 - 113 of 333Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
    lanningjw

Re: John Deere 1130 SE
    Reply #104   Oct 17, 2009 3:40 pm
    Catt where at you in MPLS? I started mine up and it fire right off w/o the electric start. Its a huge machine and its the mean green machine. It should throw snow 40 feet and I think we are gonna get some this winter and we are gonna have it made. I can say this so far it moves soooooooo much better than My last 2 stage. Easy to turn and handles well.

Do you have a large driveway? Jim

Ozzie

Reply #105   Oct 18, 2009 8:04 am
    lanningjw wrote:
    I just purchase the JD 1130SE. I called the JD dealer and he knows nothing about the "Retro fix" for the Drive slippage problem.  The Sevice guy started to laugh when I told him that I was getting my information from the internet. He was not interested in what people were saying and said that he checked and found nothing about a cover or anything from B and S.

Well, I will have to wait until the snow flys in Minneapolis to find out if it slips and has problems. Maybe this is a isolated incident. If you can supply me with the "Fix" that your dealer did for you I can follow up with the dealer.

Jim

i had the same problem with my JD 9/28 bought new in december 08, these machines were shipped with 3 parts missing by the belt cover, my dealer laughed at me as well till i had him look up the parts diagram for the belt cover and pulley, it showed a shaft seal, a seal plate and a seal strip, then i took him over to a machine sitting in the show room, and sure enough these parts were not installed, if you go back to post #77 of this thread, the part # are there, but i think these are simplicity part #'s, your dealer has to do this repair on warranty
    good luck
    Catt

Reply #106   Oct 18, 2009 1:33 pm
    lanningjw, I'm in Saint Paul.  My driveway isn't huge but I like big toys.  I plan to put a cab on the 1130 as I've gotten tired of having snow blow at my face.  Can't wait to get delivery and run it around the driveway.  I'm really looking forward to the easy steer.
    This message was modified Oct 18, 2009 by Catt
    JasonSmits

Reply #107   Oct 23, 2009 7:57 pm
    Just bought the New 1130SE from a John Deere dealer in my home town. I have spent all day reading the manual and checking the machine. I found that everything was inplace and assembly and all parts were there. The only problem I found was that there was way too much oil in it. The delivery man started the machine a couple of times for me to show me how it worked. I got the extra oil out and checked for any blown seals but all seams fine. Just a note that if you buy one to check the oil before you start.

The Auger is 14in

I haven't gotten into the gut of the machine yet but the Easy Steer system works great. Both wheels turn one faster then the other to accomplish the turn. The regular guy that deals with the snow blowers was in the States for traning so I didnt get much info.

The electric shoot rotation is really cool... but I think there is potential for a jam in the snow. Im looking forward to the first storm.

Jason
    lanningjw

Reply #108   Oct 26, 2009 8:32 pm
    Still waiting for some concrete info on parts for the update on the 08 1130....Any update to share?
    LennyB

Reply #109   Oct 27, 2009 4:43 pm
    I have no update yet on my 2008 928E as I am still waiting for my "kit".

I have nagged my dealer a few times and they replied that there has been no delivery of my parts yet.

It's been 30 days and that seems a while for $9 worth of parts.

I'll keep you posted.

Len
    lanningjw

Reply #110   Oct 29, 2009 10:59 am
    See below
    This message was modified Oct 29, 2009 by lanningjw
    lanningjw

Reply #111   Oct 29, 2009 11:06 am
    Finally a dealer who knows about the updates for the 1130 SE.

Both updates are warranty issues.

A) Water Seal Kit or waterproof kit retro kit, Part number (in CAN) assuming its the same US, BS 1687300 (SM) The kit came out in Jan of this year.

B) Clutch lever kit update for slippage.....BS 1687452YP (again CAN number) Hope it the same US. This update came out late spring.

I just placed a call to my JD dealer and will speak to him soon, I hope.
    lanningjw

Reply #112   Oct 29, 2009 11:27 am
    Just called the dealer spoke with a different guy who I should of spoke the first time and he said drop it off and well take care of it. He was not aware of the later clutch lever kit fix and said he would get it done.

He said we have been selling these things for 25 years and that they have had had snow leaking in the parts......Kinda like why fix something that is not broken answer. I told him that Its better to have the updates installed NOW before it snows.

I think they hate it when you know more than you do.....
    Knowledge is power.....
    Catt

Reply #113   Oct 29, 2009 9:54 pm
    I talked to my dealer today.  My 1130SE should be here mid to late next week.  My neighbors will be wondering why I'm driving it around with no snow.  I can't wait to try it out!
    Replies: 104 - 113 of 333Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
    Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
    AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
    Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
    Site by Take 42