Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Deluxe Platinum 24 or 30 decision help

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
iowawoodcutter

Deluxe Platinum 24 or 30 decision help
Original Message   Oct 3, 2009 1:36 pm
Hi All,

I have read through the postings and would like some help selecting a snowblower from Home Depot. The Home Depot in my area sells Ariens. I have some gift cards with them which is why I have narrowed it to Home Depot. I have a 100ft, standard 2 car driveway, mostly mixed gravel. I also have a boat parking space so there is some extra mixed gravel driveway also. I live just North of the Quad Cities in Iowa. The last two years we have gotten a lot of snow, and some years, there is nothing. The last two have been medium to medium heavy wet snow with a max of 8 inches of snow.

I like to buy quality and overbuy instead of underbuy, so I have tentatively selected the Ariens Deluxe Platinum 24 (1349$) or Deluxe Platinum 30 (1599$). For the amount I have, do I really need the 30 or will the 24 be plenty? Any other suggestions or comments, would be appreciated.

thanks
Replies: 11 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
iowawoodcutter

Re: Deluxe Platinum 24 or 30 decision help
Reply #11   Oct 14, 2009 12:44 am
Grump,

I have done it before with my dads blower. His wheels are locked all the time and I just pick her up and swing it around. His is heavier than mine also and it did not bother my back, only if I have to bend over do I get back problems. Plus I am fairly young (35) and an avid weightlifter so it does not bother me as basically the same snowblower at twice the price would have bothered me.
Replies: 11 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42