Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Husqvarna 14527SB-LS - OPINIONS PLEASE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
fatty9009

Husqvarna 14527SB-LS - OPINIONS PLEASE
Original Message   Sep 27, 2009 7:37 pm
is this a quality product.......or would i be better off for a few hundred, going with the 28" toro powermax?
Replies: 18 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Bill_H

Re: Husqvarna 14527SB-LS - OPINIONS PLEASE
Reply #18   Oct 3, 2011 9:27 pm
mikiewest wrote:
Guess what steel doesnt crack in the initial stages or ever .

Getting a bit carried away there. Steel cracks.

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
Shryp

Reply #19   Oct 3, 2011 9:38 pm
Bill_H wrote:
Getting a bit carried away there. Steel cracks.

Does not, just ask the guys that built the Titanic. :)
FrankMA

Reply #20   Oct 4, 2011 7:20 am
Has anybody seen or heard any type of feedback on these Husqvarna monsters???? I'd love to know how they perform in real world conditions and over the test of time.

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
jackley

Reply #21   Oct 4, 2011 12:28 pm
FrankMA wrote:
Has anybody seen or heard any type of feedback on these Husqvarna monsters???? I'd love to know how they perform in real world conditions and over the test of time.

Yea, I am interested also.   I'm still trying to figure out which 2 stage to get and with the talk of the Husqvarna, it's peaked my interest.
aa335

Reply #22   Oct 4, 2011 3:16 pm
FrankMA wrote:

One time, at band camp, I saw it on youtube.  Pretty impressive how 2" snow just get hurled out of the chute, with power to spare.  The machine could have been placed against more challenging scenario, like when Ariens put their 2 stage Snow-Tek 24" against a Toro 210 single stage in a EOD pile battle.  The music is pretty invigorating too.    The operator was had a look of discontent, but determined like a marathon runner.

Seriously though, I did see two Husqvarna snowblowers at a local dealer.  I was coming to see a Simplicity and Ariens snowblower when I spotted these Huskies parked in a corner.  Asked a salesman what it was, and why does it have that rubber flap on top?  He said it's a new line they're carrying this year.  "No one seems interested while we have the Simplicity and Ariens here so we're going to truck it to the east coast (Dec 2010) where people would snatch this up in a heartbeat".  Two minutes later, a guy came in and took it away.

The build quality seems to be in between Ariens and Toro.   With comparable features and price, the Husq models were equipped with slightly larger engines.  It had the typical friction disc drive and 6 speeds.  The bucket height seems high, more than what would be needed for large snow storms.  I had drift cutters installed on the side and seems ready to go to work.

I was neither impressed or disappointed.  These were the 27" mid models, pricing around $1200-$1400.  The dealer didn't have the higher hydrostatic models or tracks.
This message was modified Oct 4, 2011 by aa335
JoelKlein

I wonder how a 2021 snow blower will look like...

Reply #23   Oct 4, 2011 8:19 pm
my dealer said that only the husqvarna "crown" series is the real deal... he said people overlook it cus its not a USA brand name! but in fact it outperforms the toro and the areins. i bought the 14527 XLS, the XLS stands for extra heavy auger with very high speed impeller, and the very famous "hydro" drive, whice is VERY useful at the EOD, cus you can adjust the speed like no other snow blower can, also the engine is left with a lot of extra power to tackle the snow, since the engine is NOT POWERING the wheels! its only powering a hydraulic pump at the same power regardless of speed. IMO its a steel of a deal. put the fact side bi side: 305 CC B&S, hydro drive, big tires ,heavy duty auger, high speed impeller, wightbar installed, drift cutters, head light, hand warmers, turn on a dime on BOTH SIDES, heavy duty skid shows, and all the other high end stuff, fuel cut off, electric start WITH A WIRE on the machine, so no ned for a extant cord, just look at it, examine it and you will say one word: WOW!!! this beast for only $1,500 WoW!! call up my dealer Precision Mower power equipment at : 845-624-2159 and ask to talk to the owner. he will spend plenty of time answering ALL questions ask. I asked hs service guys in the back abut the upper model husqvarna, they all said its a solid beast. no wonder in poland and other nations the name husqvarna is top on the list.

Toro 1028 OXE
Replies: 18 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42