Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > TORO 421 Model is 38240 no Go

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
nerdy

TORO 421 Model is 38240 no Go
Original Message   Sep 7, 2009 8:06 am
Hi Everyone,I just got this one from my friend just like to service and get it ready for winter.Any idea where to start Just like to tell you that its not mine friend gave me his father and law had this since he passed away 2yr back he was selling it for a pop I got it at my pl like to get it going for winter he told me that he alway seens him running all winter but last 2 winter after his death no one use it now there is no go at all.I need your help to get it going where to start first.thkxs
This message was modified Sep 7, 2009 by nerdy
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
friiy

Re: TORO 421 Model is 38240 no Go
Reply #1   Sep 8, 2009 11:35 pm
1. Remove any old fuel from the unit. It is mostly bad by now...
2. Make sure your fuel lines are not rotten.. (so when you you put new fuel in it it does not pour out)
3. Make sure the unit has oil in it for running.
4. pour about half a quart of fuel in the tank to see if it runs...
5. If it rus besure to park it in the yard overnight so incase it leaks fuel while sitting it does not burn down your house, garage or shed.
6. After you are satisfied with the way it runs change the oil and plug, clean the airfilter if it has one..
7 Find a manual on line for it so you know how to use it..

Be real carefull when you let a old unit sit with fuel in it. The fuel lines may fail or the carb may flood hours or days after you last used it...

If What I see is correct this unit is about 30 years old, A good smaller unit. Well worth keeping if it has been taken care of..

Good Luck,

Friiy
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42