Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Mini Tachometer Hour meter?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
fatboy

Mini Tachometer Hour meter?
Original Message   Aug 25, 2009 7:46 pm
Are all Mini Tachometer, Hour meters sealed with a 5 year battery? That would be about 10 dollars a year.
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
whitetail

Re: Mini Tachometer Hour meter?
Reply #1   Aug 25, 2009 11:47 pm
My mini tach is 12yrs old and still going strong. Paid about $25-30 for it.
friiy

Reply #2   Aug 28, 2009 7:04 pm
My "Tiny-tach" was bought in 1988, I threw it away last year after trying to put a new battery in it...
They last longer than advertised..

Good Luck,

Friiy.
GtWtNorth

https://t.me/pump_upp

Reply #3   Sep 4, 2009 9:08 pm
Hey Friiy, did you  open up the unit & what did you find? Why didn't you replace the battery?

Cheers

https://t.me/pump_upp
friiy

Reply #4   Sep 5, 2009 7:43 am
    When I opened up the unit I found a thin 3 volt li-ion battery  with tabs spot welded  on it,   There is also a  reset button or contacts in the unit that is marked for self-test and it will do a display and bite test then show  program mode...  The battery is hard to find, you can order them on-line.   the biggest problem is the unit is glued shut and the circut board is covered in white/ hard RTV.   You have to pick it out to get the unit out of the case  then  clean the board to un-solder the battery tabs.  The circut board has a couple of diodes and other items you may break in the cleaning process.  The battery , if you are carefull  can be replaced...   The battery is about $5 + shipping with shipping from the internet and it will take a couple of hours to fix... I don't think it is worth trying..   You have to be very good with a small watt iron to get the battery off and on..

Good Luck,

Friiy

closenough

Reply #5   Sep 6, 2009 9:23 am
I recently ordered two tiny-tachs (one replacement for a dead battery, and one new one) and was told that the new ones don't have a battery anymore. The memory has been replaced with flash memory and no longer needs an internal battery to remember.
friiy

Reply #6   Sep 6, 2009 10:28 am
No Battery?   What does it run on?

Friiy

closenough

Reply #7   Sep 6, 2009 1:51 pm
I looked back on the website and see that not all the tach's have been updated to no longer need the internal battery. It looks like just the diesel tiny-tach, which is the one I am replacing due to a failed battery on my kubota. The diesel model also hooks up to your 12v battery. The standard tiny-tach still has he internal battery.
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42