Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > honda inverter generator EM7000isa

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
susa

honda inverter generator EM7000isa
Original Message   Aug 12, 2009 2:17 pm
hello all.

new to the forum. purchased recently a new EM7000isa generator which I understand (..and did know already) Honda has replaced with the model EU6500is.

visually both are identical to me, only thing is the EU6500is has side panels that make it little more quiet but both generators have the EcoThrottle feature (slows down engine revs with automatic on-demand speedup) and both produce same amount of power.

the EM7000isa has 1 hour (yes, just one !) of runtime on the meter and a brand new battery. It had been stored at a local marina for over 2 years, no gas in engine and still with original oil.

does anyone know any significant changes from the EM7000isa to the EU6500is, designwise, controlwise, etc ?
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
GreasyWrenches

Re: honda inverter generator EM7000isa
Reply #1   Aug 22, 2009 3:28 am
The EM and the EU series are both inverters meaning they both produce clean power that is like the power that comes out of your outlets in your home. I think the big difference is the shielding on the EU6500 that reduces the noise it also has insulation in the generator to reduce the noise. I Used to work for a rental house that was also a honda dealer and have seen and heard both the generators your speaking of and there is a big difference in the noise department with the EU series, with the EU series they are very quiet and you can have a conversation beside it. It's more for areas where you do need the quiet like camp sites and residential areas. The EM series offers the inverter for clean power but doesn't have the insulation and panels for the noise suppression As far as the guts of both machines they are the same same GX390 engine and generator head so both will have the 240V and 110V hookups. In all honesty both are awesome generators and if taken care should last a very long time. Hope this helps

GreasyWrenches

Licensed Heavy Diesel Mechanic Briggs and Stratton, Honda, Tecumseh, Kubota, Stihl, I own em all, Too much to list
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42