Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda 1132 snowblower for a tall guy?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
longshanks

Honda 1132 snowblower for a tall guy?
Original Message   May 20, 2009 4:36 pm
Howdy from Northern Canada -

Just bought a place in a major snow belt, with a 100 yard crushed gravel driveway leading up to the house.  Oh yes, there's hills too..  about 40' of 16% grade.  I've decided I want to blow, not push the snow, and my wife and I've decided that we can't justify the cost of a tractor/snowblower combo for the job.  But I think I have clearance to get a good snowblower.  We NEED something to clear the drive every morning, and this year we had a ton of snow from December until April.  We already have a 9HP snapper 24" city model, but we are going to need something more substantial. 

Given the 16% grade, the gravel, and the need for a dependable machine, I'm really leaning towards a Honda, or a Simplicity pro series.  The biggest question I have about the Honda though, is if it will be uncomfortable for me to operate.  I'm 36 years old, and still fairly young and limber, but I'm 6'4".  I've been told that the Honda handlebars sit too low to the ground to be comfortable to operate, but there are none available locally for me to check out.  Any comments?

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42