Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Where is the Snow?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Where is the Snow?
Original Message   Jan 18, 2005 2:02 pm
Has anyone been getting any significant snow besides Hickster in Alaska? Where is it?

If this keeps up much longer, deals on snowblowers are to be had.
Replies: 7 - 16 of 48Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Marshall

Re: Where is the Snow?
Reply #7   Jan 18, 2005 5:27 pm
MountainMan, you and Dave_in_Ct must be on opposite ends of the state?
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #8   Jan 18, 2005 5:59 pm
Marshall..

I've had 2-3 ~6" snows here too... one was a few days ago... it metled in 6 hours  a day later !

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Cajunblu

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Reply #9   Jan 18, 2005 6:57 pm
Well from a dusting too 2" predicted here in the Boston area tomorrow, or tomorrow night. Then they said it depends on a storm coming up from the south along the coast line, and depending how close it comes to the coast we could be in for a pretty bad "Nor' Easter starting Saturday night, Sunday and into Monday morning...

Robert 

Craftsman 888531 9/28 Easy Steer.

"My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles,
and the letters get in the wrong places"

mrmom

Ho humm....
Reply #10   Jan 18, 2005 7:13 pm
Ever see the Maytag commercial with the old repairman sitting at his desk tapping his fingers waiting for a call/job? That's how I feel. The little Honda's been prepped and ready since November and yet nada! Oil's changed, everything's lubed, fresh stabilized gas, new coat of wax, parked by the garge door..... and yet.... where's the snow?

Last winter we had our first snowstorm (5 inches or so) here in central Jersey by the first weekend of December. Then just about 4 inches or more almost every weekend after. This winter's been a dusting to an inch here and there. Nothing to sink little red's teeth into. Come on!

And know what? I'm not looking for a piece of wood to knock on nor am I keeping my fingers crossed. Bring it on... d*mn it!!!! Enough already! Stop with the teasing!

Of course now that I just tuned into the weather channel, they are saying that there may a significant storm this weekend the way things are brewing at this point. Sweet!!!!

robmints

Reply #11   Jan 18, 2005 7:22 pm
I'm with you mrmom. Send it your way. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Marshall

Reply #12   Jan 18, 2005 7:24 pm
"""Ever see the Maytag commercial with the old repairman sitting at his desk tapping his fingers waiting for a call/job? That's how I feel."""

LOL, good mental picture.    
robmints

Reply #13   Jan 18, 2005 7:25 pm
Oh yeah mrmom,
Where you bean? We were worried sick. Your picture almost ended up on the side of a two stroke oil bottle.
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #14   Jan 18, 2005 7:39 pm
Usually be this time of year we have had at least a couple of big storms.  Not one yet this year.  Just 2-4 inchs of pure annoyance.  We almost had a green Christmas here.  Down in the valley they did.

I am going to have to do something unusual like daring it to snow or going na na na na na you can't get me LMAO.....

I am afraid to though because I have been spanked so bad in the past lol....

Marshall man you nailed it, those prices are dropping.

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
mrmom

Reply #15   Jan 18, 2005 9:52 pm
robmints wrote:
Oh yeah mrmom,
Where you bean? We were worried sick. Your picture almost ended up on the side of a two stroke oil bottle.

Two stroke bottle of oil?  That's sacrilegious! Nothing but four stroke for me.

Just my luck... if I do get a stroke down the road (in about 25 years I hope) it'll be four limbs that are affected instead of two.. Either way, take me out back and shoot me...please!

Robmints, it's good to be missed. As long as I don't owe you any money. ;-)

faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #16   Jan 18, 2005 10:12 pm
Just got 24" of snow....................the next county up from us.  We only got a few inches of powder.
Those lake effect snows can be very selective around here.......one town gets dumped on, the next almost nothing.

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 7 - 16 of 48Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42