Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > JohnDeere broke in half

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
donjag

i've gone to find myself,if i'm here when you arrive,keep me here until i get back.

JohnDeere broke in half
Original Message   Mar 9, 2009 10:45 am
As the subject says.I was blowing snow this morning and the old Deere split in two.Is it connected by a bolt?I did not really look at it.This is not supposed to happen.Any info i get would be great.I can give more info about it later,thanks,Don

Replies: 7 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
donjag

i've gone to find myself,if i'm here when you arrive,keep me here until i get back.

Re: JohnDeere broke in half
Reply #7   Mar 14, 2009 11:04 am
Here are a few pictures of where it came apart.
This message was modified Mar 14, 2009 by donjag

nibbler

Not sure
Reply #8   Mar 15, 2009 12:55 pm
I've never tipped it on its side ( intentionally, but lets not talk about that ). Check the other side to see if there is a lower stud or bolt sticking out that the traction unit can latch onto. From what I can see the John Deere may use a different system since I do not see the "hook" is was expecting. I've had the nuts that the upper bolts screw into come off but not the lower pivots. There is what looks like a tear mark on the auger housing and there is a metal finger stickning out from the traction unist si it could be that the pivot has been torn out. If so then it might be a good idea to reinforce the area before putting in a new rod to act as a pivot. Getting a welder is starting to look nicer and nicer .
This message was modified Mar 15, 2009 by nibbler
donjag

Reply #9   Mar 15, 2009 2:59 pm
She is runnin again.When i split it apart,there where 2 pieces that the weld broke.Re welded and bam back in action.Hope to try it out next season.I'm sick of snow.Thanks for your help.Don

nibbler

Reply #10   Mar 15, 2009 9:32 pm
Glad to hear its fixed.
Replies: 7 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42