Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 27LE problem

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Palomino

Ariens 27LE problem
Original Message   Mar 3, 2009 10:29 pm
Hello all,

I just bought an Ariens 27LE snowblower the one with the new briggs engine and am having a problem with it.  I started it up and it runs fine but after it ran for about the first 10 minutes it burnt a hole in the plastic belt cover.  I dont know if the belt was rubbing on the cover or what but Im wondering if anyone has come accross this or had this happen to them.  I wonder if something is out of adjustment because I noticed that the auger sometimes doesnt completely stop when the Attachment clutch lever is released.  In the manual it says it should stop in 5 seconds or less when setup correctly.  The snowblower runs perfectly with the plastic belt cover off of the snowblower.

Any advice appreciated!

Mike

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Snowmann

Re: Ariens 27LE problem
Reply #1   Mar 3, 2009 11:57 pm
Definitely out of adjustment. Check the attachment clutch adjustment section of the manual.

Was the belt cover properly installed? The leftmost lower part of the belt cover (relative to the operator position) goes on the -outside- of the frame. I've seen where these were wedged inside the frame at installation or belt run-in which could cause an interference fit.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42