Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro 826 belt replacement

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
giovanni

Toro 826 belt replacement
Original Message   Feb 13, 2009 8:21 am
I have an old Toro 826 that dates back to 1978.

I am assuming that it needs new belts (or maybe belt adjustment). Lately, it has not been throwing snow like it used to. Does anyone have any step by step instructions on performing either procedure myself? Should I replace them all while I am in there?

I did a search but could not find what I am looking for.

Replies: 5 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
giovanni

Re: Toro 826 belt replacement
Reply #5   Feb 28, 2009 10:24 pm
jimbedro wrote:
Please check your impeller bushing. It is located behinf the impeller pully. It mounts to the housing. If you grab the impeller pully and there is up and down play, the bushing needs replacement.It is a cheap repair. You need to remove the pully and remove the impeller fasteners t oslide the impeller forward to have access to the bolts. If it i worn the belts can't be properly adjusted.

I am trying to follow what you are telling me, but I cant. I guess I would have to take a look inside the machine and try to follow from there.

No one else has any instructions on this? I cant find any on-line!
Replies: 5 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42