Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > My home made electric deflector. VIDEO

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Bolack

My home made electric deflector. VIDEO
Original Message   Feb 23, 2009 8:34 pm
You need:A cordless screwdriver. A greenhouse attached. ;Pipe 1 1 / 2 inches. ;2 lid.;A metal rod. A bipolar switch. ;9-volt batteries. ;And some other small widgets. This work very well, and once work is completed, I returned my batteries inside.

WATCH VIDEO HERE

This message was modified Feb 24, 2009 by a moderator
Replies: 1 - 10 of 14NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Moderator Denis

Re: My home made electric deflector.
Reply #1   Feb 23, 2009 9:04 pm
This is a genious installation, I was so surprised to see the video that I put it on my youtube channel awesome....
This message was modified Feb 24, 2009 by Denis

Bolack

Re: My home made electric deflector.
Reply #2   Feb 24, 2009 4:37 pm
ok thanks
friiy

Re: My home made electric deflector. VIDEO
Reply #3   Feb 24, 2009 9:48 pm
Sweet,   I love the worm gear/ c-clamp and gear reduced screwdriver motor

Questions:

What did you cut your chute mount clamps from?

Do you have the running on 9 volt or 27 volt.?

How did you attach the screwdriver motor to the inside of the pipe?

Great job,  I think you have a lot of people  working in their garage now..

I saw that HomeDepot and Lowes has rechargable,sealed lead acid, 12 and 6 volt batterys with spade clip ends.   These batteries are for emergency exit lights and signs...  Maybe some future project could use those...

Friiy

GtWtNorth

https://t.me/pump_upp

Reply #4   Feb 25, 2009 9:27 am
Bravo Bolack, you beat me to it. I was also considering a lead screw type mechanism like yours. Great work. Vive les patenteux!

Cheers

https://t.me/pump_upp
pvrp

Reply #5   Feb 25, 2009 11:44 am
Why not use the rechargeable battery that came with the tool ?  I don't think those 9v batteries are going
to last very long with such a high current draw.   9v batteries are usually used in things like smoke
detectors which have just about no current draw.
Moderator Denis

Reply #6   Feb 25, 2009 12:29 pm
pvrp wrote:
Why not use the rechargeable battery that came with the tool ?  I don't think those 9v batteries are going
to last very long with such a high current draw.   9v batteries are usually used in things like smoke
detectors which have just about no current draw.

I was thinking of that too, but if Bolack can build  this electric deflector, why not go forwrd and add to blower a small alternator???

Moderator Denis

Reply #7   Feb 25, 2009 12:31 pm
Bolack, is this your next step to your project??? I think it's a wiper motor....

Bolack

Reply #8   Feb 25, 2009 4:58 pm
Yep Denis next step with same screwdriver for rotation chute;My mount clamp was made with plastic 1/2 inch;To hold everything in the tube, i used little stud glued with black silicone on plexiglass fixed with small screws in the back. I sanded the screwdrivwer casing and the inside of the tude to slide it in and stick it with epoxy. The electric motor is 6 volts but with 9 volts it turns. After the job is done outside I disconnct the power back and bring it inside.
This message was modified Feb 25, 2009 by a moderator
Bolack

Reply #9   Feb 25, 2009 5:08 pm
GtWtNorth wrote:
Bravo Bolack, you beat me to it. I was also considering a lead screw type mechanism like yours. Great work. Vive les patenteux!<BR><BR>Cheers

Thx vais faire pareil pour la rotation de la chute et cela va etre moin compliquer..
friiy

Reply #10   Feb 27, 2009 11:48 pm
I guess you could use 3/8 ALL-THREAD (10mm, for you up north) for the drive worm and a standard nut...  

Friiy

Replies: 1 - 10 of 14NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42