Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens ST824DLE or Toro 924 Power Shift? Or Husky?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
moverbob

Ariens ST824DLE or Toro 924 Power Shift? Or Husky?
Original Message   Feb 20, 2009 7:13 pm
Hello all,

I am looking to pick up a good snowblower with easy-turn/differential for home use.  Wondering if there's much of a difference between these brands--I can get a Toro 924 that is maybe 6 years old with limited use for around $700. The Ariens is older but in very good shape as well. Not sure if that has a "push-button" lock release on the wheel or if it is a true differential...the seller (Craigslist, of course!) isn't too talkative or specific on the phone. Other folks have a somewhat newer product--a 3 year old Husqvarna 1027 from Lowe's and then there's a 10527 of about same age..all are going for about $700..any ideas? Also wondering what kind of life expectancy these units have--15 years? 20? More?? Thanks for any thoughts you all may have!
This message was modified Feb 20, 2009 by moverbob
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
nibbler

Re: Ariens ST824DLE or Toro 924 Power Shift? Or Husky?
Reply #1   Feb 20, 2009 8:09 pm
If the Ariens model code truly ends in DLE then it has a true differential.
moverbob

Re: Ariens ST824DLE or Toro 924 Power Shift? Or Husky?
Reply #2   Feb 20, 2009 8:36 pm
Yes, and the Toro 924 Power Shift I believe also has this. The Husky machines are different--they have a kind of trigger device under each handle to disengage as needed when turning. That doesn't sound as good to me...
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42