Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens snow defector cable freezing ?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
ajc165

Ariens snow defector cable freezing ?
Original Message   Feb 1, 2009 3:30 pm
my ariens dl 11/30 chute deflector cables keeps freezing up,,i read about greasing the cable here ...is it possilbe that i stretched the cable when it was frozen,,?the cable will pull the chute in the down position but it doesn't spring back up nearly as quick. i'm thinking of getting a new cable ,,any suggestions appreciated,,,also how does the cable release from the chute?
Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
ajc165

Re: Ariens snow defector cable freezing ?
Reply #2   Feb 1, 2009 5:13 pm
thanks  i need to get the cable off the machine....to dry it out....how does the cable detach from the chute? there is a plastic tip on the end of the cable that i can't remove.
goofienewfie

Ariens 1130DLE

Re: Ariens snow defector cable freezing ?
Reply #3   Feb 2, 2009 11:07 am
Haha.. I hear ya.  I was worried about that clip at first as well, afraid I would break it trying to get the cable out. However I have had the cable off a few times now. You just need something to poke in the sides so that you can slide the clip down and take the cable off.  I used a flat head screwdriver and when I got once side down I did the other.  Not much to it once you do it once.

Cheers
Goofie Newfie
Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42