Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > johndeere 928e snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
luism

johndeere 928e snowblower
Original Message   Jan 31, 2009 3:08 pm
ok heres my issue with this machine. i got it from lowes in crate. supposed to have it setup pdi from lowes. i started to have drive problems with it told to remove any oil build up from the flywheel kinda worked. keeped using it although had to do it again. got it ready to take to jd. but storm came in and i tried to fire her up. pull cord stuck second issue. started fine with electric start but not cord. so took her in. they ended up replacing the cam in it and fixing a bent flywheel. worked great when guy loaded it. got home and i started it up ok ran some snow and shut her off. keeped it in the run. so tried to fire her up again and now i get a big pop sound out i think muffler. then have to push 6 to 7 times before i get her to start. also notice at time a puff puff out of the muffler, also when she was running switched off it idil down and then just before it goes off it does this too puff puff, im thinking its relief valve? now could it be the cam not put in right. valves not set right? please help. i hope i did not get a lemon.

edit: when it tries to start up after the 6 or 7 it like starts very low rpm then kinda gradually ramps up to full

This message was modified Jan 31, 2009 by luism
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
MacLorry27

Re: johndeere 928e snowblower
Reply #1   Jan 31, 2009 5:45 pm

I’ve talked to several people who have snowthorwers with friction drive (most brands do) and many have drive problems. I have a JD 928E and it also has drive problems when I try to blow snow into the wind. I just ignore it and push a bit and as things heat up the drive works better and better. Short of sealing every seam with duct tape I don’t know what a person would do to fix the problem other than to not blow into the wind.

When you say the pull cord got stuck do you mean that it wouldn’t turn over the engine when you pulled it. If so, it’s a known problem and the solution is explained on page 20 of the operator’s manual under the heading FROZEN STARTER.

As for the problems with how the engine runs after you got it back from the JD dealer, it’s likely something didn’t get adjusted properly. To replace the flywheel likely involves messing with the governor linkage, which is easy to screw up. Likely you’ll have to convince the dealer that something’s actually wrong and then hope they can actually fix it.

If you bought if from Lowes within the last 30 days then check you receipt to see if it says you can return it within 30 days. If so, you should take it back for a full refund or at least a swap with another 928E.

luism

Re: johndeere 928e snowblower
Reply #2   Feb 1, 2009 6:49 pm
well i got to see what happens when im going to run it for a couple days and then take it back, no refund cause bought it just before winter sept
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42