Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > ariens 932002 snow thrower ..electirc problem

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
kodiak10268

ariens 932002 snow thrower ..electirc problem
Original Message   Jan 30, 2009 1:47 pm
hi I have an ariens 932002 snow thrower and it was running fine and then it quit. the problem was the coil pack came loose and there are two magnets on the fly wheel and they are loose. how do i set the gap so i get spark?.and i dont know but it could be the condenser but i dont now how to check it . Any help would be great. thanks
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
friiy

Re: ariens 932002 snow thrower ..electirc problem
Reply #1   Jan 30, 2009 5:35 pm
What engine? What model and does it have points?

Friiy

trouts2

Re: ariens 932002 snow thrower ..electirc problem
Reply #2   Jan 30, 2009 5:50 pm

The motor is probably a 2.7 horsepower oldie possibly a H35-45503M or close to it. 

For “coil pack” I think you are referring to the stator assembly which houses the points and has the black round coil mounted on top.  

If the bolts on the stator loosened up then your timing will probably be off.   

If you meant by “coil pack” the black round coil then that’s held on by a U shapped clip that slips over a nub on the top of the coil to keep it in place.

Condensers are checked with a capacitor checker but if your in there and it’s old they are only a couple of bucks and might as well toss them.

The points gap is .020 and set at the peak of the dwell.  There’s a process for doing that described in the 3-11 horsepower Tecumseh Technicians manual available free online at a number of places.  Google that name and you’ll get to a page for downloading it.

If it was your stator that’s loose then you’ll have set the points and reset the timing according to the manual. 

For the loose magnets.  You can glue them back in but have to be fairly fussy because if they come out at full speed it will make a mess.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42