Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Craftsman 2 stage - half auger won't turn

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
puck1263

Craftsman 2 stage - half auger won't turn
Original Message   Jan 12, 2009 7:32 pm
Would appreciate suggestion.  Newbie to snow blowing.

My craftsman has started and ran great for the last year.  Today, only half of the auger ("passenger" side) turns  when engaged.  The impeller is still working.  With the engine off, the "passenger" side will rotate nearly one revolution freely, until hitting a stop, which I assume is the engine.  The "drivers" side freewheels.  How do I fix this?  We've got quite a load outside.  Many thanks.  I'll reply with the model # if I can find it.
Replies: 19 - 19 of 19Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
iceman

Re: Craftsman 2 stage - half auger won't turn
Reply #19   Jan 29, 2009 10:32 am
Puck,

Did you resolve the problem?  I have the exact same thing happening with my 3 month old Craftsman. One Augur spins freely (same side as yours).  I'm about to take it apart and i'm hoping it's as simple as a sheared locking pin.  Here's the link to my snowblower.

http://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B001JHWG1O/sr=1-4/qid=1233242236/ref=sr_1_4/185-2559315-2707731?ie=UTF8&searsBrand=core&mqnodeid=394759011

Replies: 19 - 19 of 19Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42